Narration Poll

Is there some narration that was liked?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What show with narration,if any, did you like the best?

• 2004 Carolina Crown
    • 2004 Boston Crusaders
    • 2005 Cadets
    • 2005 Blue Devils
    • 2005 Seattle Cascades
    • 2006 Blue Devils
    • 2006 Cadets
    • 2006 Blue Stars
    • 2006 Crossmen
    • 2007 Cadets
    • 2007 Bluecoats
    • 2007 Pacific Crest
    • I hate all narration

2006 Crossmen wasn't the best SHOW, but it was a great use of NARRATION. It wouldn't have been half as entertaining without it. In fact, the narration was really REQUIRED in order to make the show work.

Now, some would say that they should have chosen a show concept that doesn't require narration in order to work, but that is being discussed in other threads.

Ditto. Voted Xmen.

Crown '04: singing was tolerable, beat generation was aweful.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, how many times in how many threads are we going to hear this....As crazy as it may seem, the corps that uses the most narration seems to find some time to march and play a little bit too. In fact, they may wind up doing it more and better than everyone else....and wont dcp be in an uproar then

Sorry. I don't buy it. It's not a question of time, marching or playing. It's a question of how far do we take all this? Flutes, clarinets, electric guitars, soundboard operators in the stands, lighting techs, etc. are next. It's coming and it sounds like you are OK with the changes pushing this activity toward a caberet show.

Once we cross that line, there is no going back. Now that there is a corps talking through 80% of their show (IMHO, it isn't needed) the more other corps will do it since there appears to be some acceptance of it from the judges and fans. First narriation, then what, choirs?

Sorry again. Ain't for me. And looking at the poll above, I am in good company.

Edited by dc oldtimer

Crossmen 2006 is a really fun and entertaining show...but for my favorite I have to go with Cadets 2005

I loved the singing in both Crown 2004 and Cadets 2006, but didn't care for the spoken word sections of either show. I would have voted for Bluecoats 2005, if it were an option. Instead it came down to Cadets 2005 vs. Bluecoats 2007, and the Björk-speak section won it for Bloo.

Went with BD '06. Even though it didn't sound like Brando, it was effective and he had a great voice. I almost voted for Crown '04. I don't care if people didn't like the singing or poetry, but they won that audience over all 3 nights. Watching this show was like watching a history changing event for this activity. It thrilled and shocked me that change was definitely here. I was sitting right behind the Hall of Famers and they were absolutely thrilled about this show as well. I won't go into names, but some of you anti narraton people would be shocked to hear who really liked this show. We're talking some pretty well known "old schoolers" here.

I was sitting right behind the Hall of Famers and they were absolutely thrilled about this show as well. I won't go into names, but some of you anti narraton people would be shocked to hear who really liked this show. We're talking some pretty well known "old schoolers" here.

WHISTLE!!!

15 yard penalty for flagrant use of "Hall of Famers" reference without backing it up with name(s).

Replay the down.

:doh:

Now that there is a corps talking through 80% of their show (IMHO, it isn't needed)

25%...or less. You tend to seem like you dont know what youre talking about when you exaggerate that much...

gay marriage

O NOOOS!!!!11

wow this is a landslide.

I would think that boston would beat at least one cadets show