Narration Poll

Is there some narration that was liked?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What show with narration,if any, did you like the best?

• 2004 Carolina Crown
    • 2004 Boston Crusaders
    • 2005 Cadets
    • 2005 Blue Devils
    • 2005 Seattle Cascades
    • 2006 Blue Devils
    • 2006 Cadets
    • 2006 Blue Stars
    • 2006 Crossmen
    • 2007 Cadets
    • 2007 Bluecoats
    • 2007 Pacific Crest
    • I hate all narration

There are at least twelve corps that have used some sort of speech. Certainly there had to be one that is liked.

Edited by ctbonesfan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have the option "I liked all these shows" - because I did. And that is in spite of the narration. If I had to choose the one I liked best, it would be a toss up between Cadets 2005 and BD 2006, although I have not gotten a chance to soak in Cadets or Bluecoats this year... I may turn out to like them better.

If I were to award "best narration," I would say it is either BD 2005 or Bluecoats 2007.

Edited by Tez

There are at least twelve corps that have used some sort of speech. Certainly there had to be one that the traditionalists liked.

Why is is you believe there had to be one that traditionalists like? That is a loaded statement....I am sure people may have liked those shows in spite of the narration but that does not mean they like a narrated show. Do you see the difference?

Call it my old time drum corps roots but it is my honest opinion that if you need narriation to "add" to what we are seeing on the field, then you are not doing enough on the field.

CROWN b**bs

2006 Crossmen wasn't the best SHOW, but it was a great use of NARRATION. It wouldn't have been half as entertaining without it. In fact, the narration was really REQUIRED in order to make the show work.

Now, some would say that they should have chosen a show concept that doesn't require narration in order to work, but that is being discussed in other threads.