History being made.

Another Blue Steel Classic from Saturday

_mg_3278070.jpg

OMG again. Look how bad ### this rifle looks... the intimidating look on her face... that chiseled jawline... the shako pulled low. Her arm position and the rifle held like a weapon should be.

This is a guard person not f'n around... she's takin' care of business and focused, and she looks like it.

That is so awesome.

Edited by GGarrett

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Daddy, what are those?"

"Well, Jimmy, back in the day when...."

yupmarchingtymps.jpg

Hey, that's our friend Jim - tall tympani on the right. Way to live the dream Jim!

My husband is always asking if I'd ever march again. I've always said absolutely NOT!!!! Been there, done that, had a great time and all, loved watching my girls march, but you would never, ever find me in a uniform dress or cadet, skirt, shako and riding boots ever again........ right up until I heard about Kingsmen inviting guests to march. And then my answer was - ONLY if I could march there....... and now, after seeing these pictures well, if only we had won the lottery.......... (sigh)

These pictures are simply awesome. Thanks so much for sharing.

kel

Marching kettle drums...ouchy.

Funny how when looking at these pictures one forgets the average age of KAC is pushing real close to 50 yrs. old. Everybody looks so, well,

"timeless!"

I'm sure that there must be portraits in attics that are getting older.

Remember my motto from the beginning? "This just keeps getting better and better!"

Wish I could have stayed and played longer but the thrill of seeing my Kingsmen Brothers and Sisters in these pictures almost makes up for it.

At least I get to see my uniform out there. It's in the drum line instead of the horn line but since I have such respect for KAC's percussion section, well, it's all good......all good!

Again thanks for the pictures to keep my own personal KAC stoke going.

And thanks to everybody else, too, from The Committee and Instruction staff down to the ground pounders and other grunts, I love and respect you all for going the distance and making it happen for real!

And with class.

RON HOUSLEY

I am so glad you are geting in touch with those feelings, Jeff. Have you told your parents yet? The wife and kids? Pick a public place to tell them that way if Dad starts screaming, "I should have played ball with him more", they'll think he's nuts, and not you. B)

Permission...I don't need no stink'n permission!

I am already persona non grata with that corps anyway....sue me! ^0^

You're BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

RM- I Like! :P

ampssuck

_mg_3278070.jpg

Hey... this girl pictured above ...

wouldn't happen to be this girl pictured here below... would she?

1974riflescompguardtoss_2.jpg

Another Blue Steel Classic from Saturday

_mg_3278070.jpg

What amazes me is that the subject of this picture looks like she could still march junior corps. Did putting on the uniform shave years off everyone?

Garry in Vegas

That is great stuff... THANKS :blink:

What amazes me is that the subject of this picture looks like she could still march junior corps. Did putting on the uniform shave years off everyone?

I was thinking exactly the same thing!