BEST photo of the year!

I don't know... I hate to play devil's advocate here, but when they dismiss the drum majors, doesn't that mean they want them to leave? I think it's somewhat disrespectful to the corps in performance to just stand there in front of them.

I understand the whole respect the colors thing, but we get it. He could just as easily salute it as he passes/leaves (with the other drum majors), which would also be quite respecful.

*puts on flame retardant suit*

If I had a choice between seeming disrespectful of the corps and disrespectful of our colors, I will gladly choose the former. And no, you apparently do not get it, although it is probably not your fault.

Too many do not get it today. And we had better start, and very quickly.

Think of the red in that flag as representing the blood of the patriots who laid down (and are laying down even this very day) their lives, their hopes, their dreams...in order for us to have a nation where we can do these amazing things and say these amazing things in the complete freedom I am afraid too many of us take for granted. Remember, there are those in this world, today, that have vowed to take this away from us.

Respect for the colors is more than just recognizing an inanimate object...it is recognizing what it represents. And I will proudly stand for this flag, and this country, and for those who will ignore modern convention and stand with it. :blink:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a little consideration, the photo reminds a little (albeit under completely different circumstances) of the picture on the cover of Time magazine IIRC, in 1989 of the man who stopped four tanks near Tienanmen Square during the student protests.

Didn't that guy eventually get run over?

I am fairly sure he is on the wrong side of the grass now.

Well I won't back down.

No I won't back down.

You can stand me up at the gates of h###

But I won't back down.

Well I know what's right,

I got just one life in a world that keeps on pushin' me around

But I'll stand my ground

And I won't back down.

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Barbara Wiselogel

Longmont, CO

No, he was arrested. I'm trying to find out what happened after that.

Bullet in the head would be my guess.

Think of the red in that flag as representing the blood of the patriots who laid down (and are laying down even this very day) their lives, their hopes, their dreams...in order for us to have a nation where we can do these amazing things and say these amazing things in the complete freedom I am afraid too many of us take for granted. Remember, there are those in this world, today, that have vowed to take this away from us.

You should write country songs.

I shall take that as a compliment...especially since I live in Nashville...Thank you... :)

But it can't be the perfect country song, because you didn't mention Mama, or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting drunk. :devin: