BEST photo of the year!

Just curious....cause I really don't know.

What exactly do you guard the flag with? ....and just who out there wants to take it anyway? Al Qaeda

The Troopers DM has always been bad### in my opinion

Back in the 70's there was a group from Dakota, IL that guarded the stars & stripes with bow & arrow. And they usually were some hot gals ta boot!! I mean mocassins, sorry.

Edited by JAZZER

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first marched in Drum Corps (age 12) I was a guard for the American Flag and actually carried a boomerang.

Our uniforms in the Eau Claire Boys were similar to Preston Scout House with the shorts, gauntlets and aussie hats.

Later we switched to a "pistol in holster" which was really a piece of lead in the shape of a pistol.

Also as an honor guard we were taught how to properly fold a flag (after each rehearsal) and all rules of proper flag etiquette.

Our director was an former marine and color presentation was always the most important part of the show.

My age out year was in 1976 with the Scouts where we had the Iwa Jima Flag pre in the opener which was also very cool.

Big props to the Troopers DM for knowing and respecting the rules.

Just curious....cause I really don't know.

What exactly do you guard the flag with? ....and just who out there wants to take it anyway? Al Qaeda

The Troopers DM has always been bad### in my opinion

As per the US Flag Code, the National Standard must ALWAYS be covered to the right. It makes no difference whether or what the/a weapon. I agree, whoever put that kid out there with an uncovered American Flag made an egregious error. This post is very similar to the one a couple of weeks ago regarding flag etiquette at parades and retreats.

I remember when we used the Flag in our show in 1993. We were told in no uncertain words to NEVER let the flag touch the ground.

It never did.

I wonder if moments like this are getting through to the other corps. I agree that Flag ettiquette isn't inherent, but do other corps realize that just a little extra effort will help please the old-school people? And I say that as someone who is glad that full retreat is gone.

Wow, I'm pleased with the response this picture has generated. At the suggestion of the folks on the Trooper's board, I submitted the following edited version to dcEYE. We'll see if it makes the press:

174479580-L.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments, but Mark's the star in this one. We just happened to be lucky enough to witness and snap the picture.

Jeff

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Mark Crimm.

Mark Crimm doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Mark Crimm does not sleep. He waits.

Mark Crimm counted to infinity - twice.

Mark Crimm can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Mark Crimm doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Dan Potter Interview with Mark Crimm.

There was this one time Mark Crimm and Chuck Norris met...it was called Hiroshima.

This picture to me is all about tradition, honor, respect and pride. It is the hallmark of what drumcorps was all about in the past what it should always continue to be about. Thanks Drum Major Mark Crimm for reminding us all of this. You represent your corps extremely well. Congratulations Troopers. you obviously really picked a winner to lead your corps this season.