BEST photo of the year!

I salute the Troopers. They're one of my favorite drum corps not solely because of their repertoire and design, but because of their history and the respect that they EARN, not demand. GO TROOP!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another picture from that night- sorry I gave it the LOLcorps treatment:

trooperslol.jpg

Okay, so I don't have a "photo" to add to this topic, BUT a friend of mine witnessed this and reported on another forum, which I feel fits in.

You can read my friends posts at:

http://www.cavaliers.org/cgi-bin/forum.pl?...mp;msgid=185389

Granted I don't post here often (as pointed out by those who do and run this place), I just wanted to share something from a friend.

Hope it's okay, and certainly understand if it's not in here!

The B'

"wasn't Troop's DM that year in a military academy??

Mark Crimm, at the time, was an Air Force ROTC Cadet at the University of Wyoming. He has since been commisioned as an active duty Air Force Lieutenant. LT Crimm is currently the tour director this summer for the Troopers... at least until then end of this month, when he must leave tour and report to duty.

Good luck and God speed, LT Crimm. Thank you for you service (on many, many levels).

"wasn't Troop's DM that year in a military academy??

Mark Crimm, at the time, was an Air Force ROTC Cadet at the University of Wyoming. He has since been commisioned as an active duty Air Force Lieutenant. LT Crimm is currently the tour director this summer for the Troopers... at least until then end of this month, when he must leave tour and report to duty.

Good luck and God speed, LT Crimm. Thank you for you service (on many, many levels).

Thanks for clarifying....glad he went into MY branch!!

• 5 months later...

The link to this thread showed up on the Kingsmen Alumni Corps forum today. (Thanks for the Christmas present, John!)

After reading all 17 pages I had to respond re: Trooper Drum Major Traditions.

The 1967 Anaheim Kingsmen were taught by Trooper alums Mr. Pete Emmons and Mr. Fred Sanford: this is common knowledge.

I had only seen pictures of Pete as Trooper DM and of course was totally impressed.

We, in the Kingsmen, were a part of this big 4th of July extravaganza at Angel Stadium in Anaheim and Pete decided he'd march it with us as one of the drum majors.

All I can tell you is that when he put on that uniform I think he literally became, as we Kingsmen say, "..ten feet tall and bulletproof...!" It was one of the most amazing transformations of a human being I have ever seen in my life and I had forgotten it until now. I pretty much learned the definitions of both "charisma" and "commanding presence" that day.

I got to see Mr. Emmons a few years back after all that time and got to shake his hand and thank him for making my last year in jr. drum corps, with The Kingsmen, one of the standout times of my life.

To see that the strong tradition of The Troopers DM continue across the years is a wonderful thing to see, and as a Veteran myself, well....you all said it already.

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3