BEST photo of the year!

:rolleyes::ph34r::blink::doh::lol::lol:

I think that everyone can take a lesson from him.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, don't you see -- if we all agree that 2+2 = 5, then it does. There are no absolute truths, only "consensus." ^0^

Thank you George Orwell :P

Yes, you are right. I know nothing about the US Flag Code, just like you know everything about me. :)

I didn't claim to know anything about you, other than you don't know the US Flag Code. I hope the responses to your posts have made it evident just how important this action by Mark Crimm is in the grand scheme of things, and that you don't just let it fade into a distant memory.

So, is that you in your avatar? Just wondering since I really don't know anything about you.

Garry in Vegas

Why? Being the DM doesn't mean you've learned it....about the only place it's taught now is the military and perhaps police and fire departments. Especially today, it needs to be taught, and in a world where even the slightest show of old-school patriotism gets someone sued, it;s even more rare.

A lot of corps still bring a small Nationals Squad out to retreat at finals, or at other shows where there's still a full retreat. In these cases, the DM's should know proper ettiquette regarding the US Flag Code, as should the CG Captain.

In your case, were you aware of US Flag code when you were DM for Dream? Did Darla or Wayne advise the corps in this regard? I remember a big deal regarding our Nationals Squad at a rehearsal in 2003 because our drill writer was ignorant of the US Flag Code. I thought Jan and Darla were going to rip him a new one!

Garry in Vegas

In your case, were you aware of US Flag code when you were DM for Dream? Did Darla or Wayne advise the corps in this regard? I remember a big deal regarding our Nationals Squad at a rehearsal in 2003 because our drill writer was ignorant of the US Flag Code. I thought Jan and Darla were going to rip him a new one!

As a matter of fact, regarding how the A squad operates at a corps show, no, I was NOT aware at the time (or I had forgotten)...probably because it was something that was not going to come up in my military life, so it was never taught. Saluting when the colors pass, or halting the corps on the way in to the stadium when the NA was played, THAT i remembered (we did it in the middle of the parking lot, as i recall).

As for Kevin's drill....well, he was ignorant of teh fact that old guys can't do really fast and tight maneuvers as well! I'm still amazed no one got killed at the end of "Malaga!"

Caption: Everyone knows that the Troopers DM is always outstanding in the his field.

:P

rimshot.gif

Caption: Everyone knows that the Troopers DM is always outstanding in the his field.

:P

Is he out standing or outstanding? :laugh: