Young Screamers

CorpsBuff

I wouldnt disagree with that...for me at least, it was Maynard then Miles and even throw in Lew Soloff, and jon Faddis.

Miles was a little off the beaten track by the seventies, and Maynard did in fact influence many many young horn players.

Donny

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Einstein-on-the-Beach, I'm not really questioning what you have said, there are valid points on all sides of this argument and I appreciate your arguments. What I AM questioning is why somebody who is "done with drum corps" has posted almost 3000 posts on a drum corps forum. I'm not trying to run away fans or anything, but how can you honestly sit there and say you are done with drum corps and continue to frequent drum corps forums. I must agree with Chris (Randomnoise) on this one: You sound a little bitter, or maybe just confused. I just call it like I see it. It doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something?

By the way, the Renegades had the best screamer on the field this year, by far. She is a mellophone player named Kat and you can hear her awesome scream at the very end of the zombie company front, just before the loud dissonant chord. She was always spot on, even when she was losing her voice. GO KAT!

I study trumpet with an Eastman graduate (doctoral..obviously) where he studied with Barbara Butler and Charlie Geyer who put out some of the best trumpet players in the country....

That's cool - I studied trombone with an eastman grad who studied with Remington back in the day. Eastman is a great school - a little too cold in the winter for me.

Even at Indiana the Bill Adam students would argue with the non-Bill Adam students over style and technique, everyone has their own preferences.

Your a trumpet player trapped in a a t-bone body.

I thought you were a lesbian

Yeah, that too ;)

So Einstein-on-the-Beach, I'm not really questioning what you have said, there are valid points on all sides of this argument and I appreciate your arguments. What I AM questioning is why somebody who is "done with drum corps" has posted almost 3000 posts on a drum corps forum. I'm not trying to run away fans or anything, but how can you honestly sit there and say you are done with drum corps and continue to frequent drum corps forums. I must agree with Chris (Randomnoise) on this one: You sound a little bitter, or maybe just confused. I just call it like I see it. It doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something?

Well I'm glad that you're capable of doing a psycho-analysis via the internet :)

Anyway, I'm an argumentative and frank person for the most part, anyone who knows me will tell you this, and it's easy to argue/debate on DCP. You know how you have an itch on your arm, and you keep scratching it, and it still won't go away so you scratch harder? Well DCP is nothing like that, but I had to scratch my arm for a second so I thought I'd mention it.

I've had this name for 2 years now, I've racked up a few posts it seems, but that's mostly from back and forth stuff. It's just easy to get in a "foight" here and I'm not one to pass up a waxing. And yeah, I can definitely see how someone can view what I say as cynical, or bitter, I just see myself as an honest guy trying to do his best in the world.

Now as far as drum corps, yeah, I am done with drum corps wholeheartedly for the most part. To the extent that I don't want to march again, I want to focus on my future musical career, but as far as the interest I've had in the activity for the past few years, well yeah. There's still an interest there, I didn't completely erase it from my life. I have friends who march, did march or are going to march. Doing what you suggest is highly irrational. And to be quite honest, I'm not in the business of making sense to people on the internet I don't even know, and never will know. I'm sorry if that hurts you.

Well I'm glad that you're capable of doing a psycho-analysis via the internet :)

Anyway, I'm an argumentative and frank person for the most part, anyone who knows me will tell you this, and it's easy to argue/debate on DCP. You know how you have an itch on your arm, and you keep scratching it, and it still won't go away so you scratch harder? Well DCP is nothing like that, but I had to scratch my arm for a second so I thought I'd mention it.

I've had this name for 2 years now, I've racked up a few posts it seems, but that's mostly from back and forth stuff. It's just easy to get in a "foight" here and I'm not one to pass up a waxing. And yeah, I can definitely see how someone can view what I say as cynical, or bitter, I just see myself as an honest guy trying to do his best in the world.

Now as far as drum corps, yeah, I am done with drum corps wholeheartedly for the most part. To the extent that I don't want to march again, I want to focus on my future musical career, but as far as the interest I've had in the activity for the past few years, well yeah. There's still an interest there, I didn't completely erase it from my life. I have friends who march, did march or are going to march. Doing what you suggest is highly irrational. And to be quite honest, I'm not in the business of making sense to people on the internet I don't even know, and never will know. I'm sorry if that hurts you.

Nope. It doesn't hurt me at all.

Thanks for answering my question.

Let me give you a little advise my young friend. I've been playing the trumpet and doing all different gigs Jazz, classical, high notes and not. for many years. The greatest thing that I ever learned has nothing to do with music at all.

Be that number one nice person. People don't want to have angry people around no matter how good of a musician they are.

"Young Screamers":

"What Happened" you ask my pretties? They all grew up and moved into the ALUMNI corps!!! You HAVE heard the "Scream Sections" in the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni, New York Skyliners Alumni, and the two "Reunion Corps" fielded by the Madison Scouts and Anahiem Kingsmen the last few seasons. :blink:

Haven't you? :sshh:

Elphaba

"Young Screamers":

"What Happened" you ask my pretties? They all grew up and moved into the ALUMNI corps!!! You HAVE heard the "Scream Sections" in the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni, New York Skyliners Alumni, and the two "Reunion Corps" fielded by the Madison Scouts and Anahiem Kingsmen the last few seasons. :rolleyes:

Haven't you? :sshh:

Elphaba

Yup, LOVE THEM.

But why aren't their kids following in their footsteps?