Second Impressions...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say for me SCV and Cavies 2004. I saw SCV '04 for the first time in Mississippi on like July 13th wasn't a big fan. Saw Cavies that year for the first time at Oswego, Illionis (first show of the year). I heard them whistling and I thought, "OMG what the ___ are they doing!!! Stop it!!!" :worthy:. Now those are two of my favorite shows out there.

The CAdets 2005. I HATED it at firstbeat, but then I got my dvds, and absolutely fell in love with the show.

~>conner

The CAdets 2005. I HATED it at firstbeat, but then I got my dvds, and absolutely fell in love with the show.

~>conner

I've warmed up to that show a little since it won. I still listen to the pre-season CD more, though. :)

Okay, time for a less controversial topic here on the Planet.

Any shows that you've seen over the years you've hated at first blush... but have come around to after the season/later on through the years?

OK, I'll tell you. I really did not like the Cadets in 2005 at first, but the music was really Great. I listen to my 2005 DCI CD's all of the time. I also bought all of the DVD's from 2005. This was one of my favorite years, music wise, for many of the corps. :) However, I totally hated the 2006 Cadet show and I do not and have no desire to listen to or see this show again.

91 Cavies and BD. Of course, this was because they were way ahead of us--Cavies were the Cavies and BD's show was just a little out there. Shortly afterward those two shows really grew on me and I listen to them all the time.

This may sound odd to all of you, but I absolutely hated our show in 2000 sometime around the beginning of the season. Toward the middle though I began falling in love and by finals I didn't want to leave it.

Cadets 2000 & 2001.