Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish

Poll  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish at the Southwestern Championships?

• Yes
    • No

Unfortunatly for PR, their snare line can't carry the corps' weight this year.

Out of all the reasons you could've picked from you've picked by far the worst :huh:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no! its a conspiracy! :)

Yes they deserved 6th, but in what is turning out to be the best top 7 possibly ever, 6th place really doesn't mean a whole lot...

I saw them in Dallas on Thursday. it was a very clean show, but not very interesting, IMHO. Crown blew me away, Crossmen has the best music and design I have seen in a while. I really hope they make finals. I am glad I get to see that show again tomorrow. Blue Devils...really clean, and a very talented corps, but I cannot stand the show...I know I will get persecuted for my opinion, but it is not my taste. I understand the demand and the performance level, but I REALLY do not like the show.

Anyway, I hope the Crossmen make finals. Everyone should check out the arranger's midi version plus explanation of the show before they witness it first hand, it is great. It is an 11 minute piece with many different themes that permeate throughout the show. I normally do not like the truncated mini versions of pieces in a show, but the Crossmen's show is more on the vein of "A rhapsody on a theme by Paganini" than a show with tons of pieces smashed together.

Back on topic, 6th seems correct for PR to my knowledge at the moment. The year is highly competitive. Really, without the penalty, Bluecoats are less than 2 points out of first. Clean the visual and colorguard, and they win.

First in music tonight.

HONK

Edited by ekrebs102

After Allentown, I ran into a good friend of mine, a former judge who I love chatting drum corps witha nd when we got to Phantom his first li ne was "Phantom better watch out , they might find themselves in seventh" ...I was a little taken back, but as he was explaining why, I totally bought it.

I agree with their placement, but I wasnt there to witness it live, only going by what I saw.

Guard uniforms are terrible and totaly distract from the show and dont enhance the theme. Musically, its beuatiful, loud yet soft, full of controll and emotion. That being said, you have got to take it to another level if you are gonna make it in this years slate so , its still not over yet, I dont think this is the final line up.

~G~

IMO, this is Phantom Regiment v. Phantom Regiment. They have to figure this out and get it done quickly. They can land this wherever they choose...it's up to them. The corps around them have actually very little to do with it. I think we're seeing some stuff from the judges about how the show needs to be cleaned up and finished up. And they're right, of course. Regiment knows this. Give them some credit. They didn't get to 2nd place last year on a fluke, no matter what any self-described expert thinks. Not wielding power like that.

I have PHAITH. The only placement that matters is finals night.

SUTA to my brothers and sisters...you are more important to us than any placement at a show. Do the very best you can, every day. The show is amazing (makes me ache a little every time I hear it...I like it more than Faust...sorry...my favorite Regiment show since 2004), and so are you. I'm proud of them no matter what. They've got to know that their alumni are behind them 1000%. We are. We always will be. First place or sixth place or any place.

I know what they're doing, though. They've already moved on. Hee hee. Let's go...Pasadena is waiting for you.

What?????????

I dont think anyone has stated that Crown's show was hot last night.....I was talking in a certain chat last night, that I thought Crown would beat them tonight. PR has a lot of work to do and they probably got a ton of tricks in the bag with 3 weeks to go........

I saw Coats and Phantom in Allentown. IMO there is no way Coats beat Phantom.

Mark my words: This Phantom show will be one people fall in love with when the dvd's come out then regret what they said about it in the middle of the 2007 season.

I saw Coats and Phantom in Allentown. IMO there is no way Coats beat Phantom.

Mark my words: This Phantom show will be one people fall in love with when the dvd's come out then regret what they said about it in the middle of the 2007 season.

I see it completely different after two consecutive live viewings of both corps. I found myself wondering why Phantom had been beating Crown.

it's total crap. i know it's not very helpful to just say "phantom is amazing," and leave it at that, but it's the truth. the music is wonderful, the drill is, from what i hear, challenging, and they're pretty much always on the move (unlike bd and cavies :/) ... it's just nonsense.

crown was good. coats were good. phantom is better. period. i don't know why phantom keeps getting slammed when the corps ahead of them play easier parts while standing still... it's a travesty.

If you were not there, then you can't really say, can you?

I was not there...but from the webcast, it seemed to me that Regiment had a tough night...intonation issues, clarity issues in the drill...

It's ok for corps to have a rough night. It's not like Crown and Bluecoats are 4 points ahead, they are still within one point. Anything could happen.

I have my own thoughts and feelings about the show, its pace, its design, etc., but...as an alumnus, I think I will be keeping that in-house and not discussing it on a public forum.

Let's not start the "PHantoM wuz SkrewED" chants just yet....they had a rough night. It should be reflected in the scores, otherwise, the whole #### deal is for nothing.