Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish

Poll  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish at the Southwestern Championships?

• Yes
    • No

I think PR should take heart in how much they have left to clean compared to Coats and Crown. If they can get as clean as those two, they will beat them.

Hey,

Did anyone else notice that the "title page banner thing" that DCI put upon last nights webcast, after each corps was announced as entering the field, had PR from Rosemont IL? :rolleyes:

Talk about a dis! :P

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their performance is a little rough at this time of the year, and they're getting caught with their pants down by other corps who're spitting fire trying to stay in the top 5.

I just read every single post in this thread and what I don't understand is how people can have polar opposite opinions of Phantom's show. The visual design is great vs. it sucks. The music is boring vs. It's the best show since '03. They don't move at all vs. they run for eleven minutes. Their feet are clean vs. They look awful. I think sometimes we forget that these are young men and women out there performing who are human. They will be inconsistant and make mistakes. One night to another, performance issues may arise, which may also effect aspects of design. The challenge is be consistant. Repetition and concentration are key components in this consistancy.

I do have an idea though, how about we trust the judges judgement whether or not we agree with it, and just hope that PR can do the things they feel they need to do in order to improve. They are the ones who are trained to score the corps in an unbiased way.

I saw Coats and Phantom in Allentown. IMO there is no way Coats beat Phantom.

Mark my words: This Phantom show will be one people fall in love with when the dvd's come out then regret what they said about it in the middle of the 2007 season.

Three weeks left is hardly "middle of the season." Whatever they have "up their sleeve" will just mean more cleaning of something new while everyone else is just continuing to clean what they have. Thus, PR will, again, be behind. How is that good for them? I don't know.

RM - SURPRISE!

ampssuck

how about we trust the judges. They are the ones who are trained to score the corps in an unbiased way.

You MUST be new here! Welcome!

RM - I wouldn't trust a judge any further than I could throw them up.

ampssuck