Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish

Poll  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish at the Southwestern Championships?

• Yes
    • No

no i feel that they performed well and were dumped and should of beaten both crown and coats!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anbody else notice the 3 10th's pen? think it would have put them ahead of crown, anybody with any info.? coats got 2 10ths and glassmen got 9 10th's, weird to see pens this late

So what? The show offers its own pleasures regardless of their placement.

I think you said it best right there!

anbody else notice the 3 10th's pen? think it would have put them ahead of crown, anybody with any info.? coats got 2 10ths and glassmen got 9 10th's, weird to see pens this late

The penalty would not have mattered. Phantom got 6th regardless.

Edited by dciguy01

Although Crown and Bluecoats have a somewhat demanding book the drill is in no way close to Phantoms. Having said that, Phantoms drill does affect the playing throughout the show and (IMO) the drill doesn't present a clear picture of what they are trying to convey with the music. The guard uniforms don't add anything significant to the show, I found myself questioning the wings they were carrying because they seemed so small.

I compare all the drills above them and what I see is the corps above them have controlled drills. They are getting rewarded for being clean. Difficulty is not taken into consideration. When you compare Phantom to the Cadets both have very demanding drills but the Cadets drill is controlled when Phantoms at this point in the season looks like a high school track meet.

The kids are performing the heck out of the show but without flexability in the design they will have to settle for a top 6 placement in what is turning out to be a Fantastic top twelve.

I don't know what changes the staff has in mind but I am sure they are considering all of their options.

Edited by Phantombari1

Phantom Honks (or Homers, or Phans, or what not) will rush to their defense, and if cooler heads prevail will say "You play the game (not the game) , you take what you get, you get on the bus, and you go the next show".

I like this post - full of common sense.

NO it wouldn't. Look at the recaps. Crown would still be up by .3 tenths

Ok, as probably the worlds MOST dedicated PR Phan in the NE, I am really looking at Regiment's performance(s) since Allentown, when I saw it live ( compared to YouTube, DCP Forums, personal conversations w/those attending shows thereafter) that Regiment is reall having difficulty with the "bird" theme... As good as the music is, how can it be effectively conveyed in 10 yrds in 11 minutes ?

I said this way back in early June the ballad is tooooooo long, and the transition into siggestion has been changed several times already. If "IU" can hear these on a PC via tiny speakers -- the dissonance must be blaring in the judges ears. It's evident in the visual scores, especially GE where they are really suffereing. The drill IS demanding -- VERY, but the members are up to it IMHO. Their marching was great in A-Town, and they took feet that night but I am really, REALLY skeptical, for THE FIRST TIME IN MY 28 yr love affair with Regiment that they can clean as much as they have to with Finals only 3 weeks away! Looking at their on-line schedule, ythey only have 7 full rehearsal days aside from the remaining 6-7 shows they have.

If there are to be changes made, THEY BETTER MAKE THEM SOON (RE: different guard costuming, those black palettes on the field, the sloppy marching & tighten this beast up! IT DOES HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO WIN, but do they have enuff time?

You're thoughts?