Corps that "Cover" other Corps Songs....

I thought maybe this thread would have legs....what are some of your favorite shows or songs a corps did that another corps is famous for playing?

Devils playing WSS and Romeo and Juliet in their 1998 show is my favorite example. Definitely had hints of Garfield and Regiment, yet it was done effectively.

anyone else?

I liked the way the Crossmen played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in 2003. Not the Cavies, but still pretty awesome.

The CorpsVets are playing Georgia this year and as a member of Spirit I can say it sounds great! They really do it justice... as they should, I figure a lot of them where in Spirit at some point. :)

The CorpsVets are playing Georgia this year and as a member of Spirit I can say it sounds great! They really do it justice... as they should, I figure a lot of them where in Spirit at some point. :)

Nice Thoughts!! I have marched CV 5 years and I decided to sit this year out, though very sorry I did!! (job, aging parents etc.) They are doint a great job and I'll be back next year!! Hunter does a super job on the solo as he was the one who made it famous in the 80's with Spirit.

Back to the subject -

Cadets doing Cadets - WSS 84 vs. WSS 94 - Awesome!! :laugh:

Vanguard doing "Short Ride" which Cadets Introduced ^OO^

Madison's "Hall of the mountain king" a few years ago - Prob. had some Regiment alums scratching their heads!! :sumo:

Back to the subject -

Cadets doing Cadets - WSS 84 vs. WSS 94 - Awesome!! :laugh:

Vanguard doing "Short Ride" which Cadets Introduced ^OO^

Madison's "Hall of the mountain king" a few years ago - Prob. had some Regiment alums scratching their heads!! :sumo:

Cadets doing Bridgemen's WSS 1981...Bridgemen were more fun.

Cadets doing a lot of things SCV did first...not as good, IMO.

Madison's "Swingin' Pete Sweet" was pretty cool. But Blue Stars did "In the Hall of the Mountain King" way back in 1969.

And don't forget, though it's been re-re-re-arranged a couple of times, Madison's "Maleguena" started as a transcription of Muchachos' version from 73/74.

Garry in Vegas

I really liked the Cadets cover of Malaguena in 2003 and the Blue Devils version of Strawberry Soup in 93.

And SCV's Russian Christmas Music from 87 is the best corps version ever of that piece.

I really liked the Cadets cover of Malaguena in 2003 and the Blue Devils version of Strawberry Soup in 93.

And SCV's Russian Christmas Music from 87 is the best corps version ever of that piece.

Agreed with Russian Christmas Music (though the '75 Cavies just...WOW! What a horn line.)

I liked the way the Crossmen played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in 2003. Not the Cavies, but still pretty awesome.

First one that came to my mind

Agreed with Russian Christmas Music (though the '75 Cavies just...WOW! What a horn line.)

That was a great opener in '75. I also remember the "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" closer. I believe "Once Upon A Time" started it with a little bass drum thing into "Somewhere..." Did I remember it right?

I also remember one of our members became friends with Scott DeGruawe that year.

That was a great opener in '75. I also remember the "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" closer. I believe "Once Upon A Time" started it with a little bass drum thing into "Somewhere..." Did I remember it right?

I also remember one of our members became friends with Scott DeGruawe that year.

I'm not sure. I haven't seen that show in awhile.

As much as I liked Russian Christmas, I REALLY loved Russian Sailors Dance the following year. After a long (15 beat) countoff, that corps came out of the gate SCREAMING. Love it!