Crown's Back Field William Tell Change

Poll  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How would you prefer Crown play this portion of William Tell, facing the stands or facing away from the stands?

• Facing the stands (old version)
    • Facing away from the stands (current version)

A few weeks ago Carolina Crown changed the William Tell portion of their show so that they face back field for a good portion of it, rendering it almost impossible to hear the hornline play it. My first question is, why did they feel this is necessary? My second question is, what do you think about it? Just something that's been bugging me the past few weeks.

I like it. Sounded great in the Alamodome. It's the part of the show when the horses are on the back stretch so it makes sense. Then the horns turn and face front when the horses are on the final stretch and the end of the show.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Sounded great in the Alamodome. It's the part of the show when the horses are on the back stretch so it makes sense. Then the horns turn and face front when the horses are on the final stretch and the end of the show.

Maybe the percussion needs some half coconut shells to bang together for the sound of the hoofs. :P B)

Maybe the percussion needs some half coconut shells to bang together for the sound of the hoofs. :P B)

It'd end up a Monty Pyton Show :P

A few weeks ago Carolina Crown changed the William Tell portion of their show so that they face back field for a good portion of it, rendering it almost impossible to hear the hornline play it. My first question is, why did they feel this is necessary? My second question is, what do you think about it? Just something that's been bugging me the past few weeks.

I'm not sure they planned it this way ... but it does work with the horse race going on in the guard. What would be even more effective is if they did a gradual change throughout that pointed toward the horse race until they hit the final stretch. It almost works that way now .. musically. But instead of going to the 45's and end zones .. they just go back field. Works better musically now as well .... the pit cut helps the hornline hold the ensemble together .... then the pit adds .. then the rumps .... Great STuff!

No one has mentioned this, but the backfeild sections are usually designed with the finals venue in mind. Will the Rose Bowl offer some neat acoustics? Will the soft backfeid bounce right to the home stands? Just curious.

It'd end up a Monty Pyton Show :P

Someone gets it.

:P

Bring out your dead :P :P :P :P :P

Edited by camel lips