What is VK doing this year?

I just see the Carolina Crown horse race and photo finish with clowns...one 'greases' the ground under the leader just before the finish line so they slip and the 'greaser' wins!

Or maybe a little birdie goes around the corps, in black, making little 'deposits' on their uniforms! Might make a great souvenir t-shirt: "I've been Gackled!"

Don't get me started on narration--perhaps "Deep Thoughts with George," where the narrator has some really extraneous lines that don't make any sense and don't go anywhere, etc. That's for you, Hrothgar!

How about if the entire hornline ends up hand-cuffed together?

What would be your favorite VK prank, gimmick, or GE moment in this fine, competitive season? And if anyone can inform us as to the corps' going's on, please chime in!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that they need more cowbell.

Seconded!

Actually, that might be fun to see at the beginning of 'Short Ride in a Fast Machine'--cowbell in place of wood block!

I just see the Carolina Crown horse race and photo finish with clowns...one 'greases' the ground under the leader just before the finish line so they slip and the 'greaser' wins!

Or maybe a little birdie goes around the corps, in black, making little 'deposits' on their uniforms! Might make a great souvenir t-shirt: "I've been Gackled!"

Don't get me started on narration--perhaps "Deep Thoughts with George," where the narrator has some really extraneous lines that don't make any sense and don't go anywhere, etc. That's for you, Hrothgar!

How about if the entire hornline ends up hand-cuffed together?

What would be your favorite VK prank, gimmick, or GE moment in this fine, competitive season? And if anyone can inform us as to the corps' going's on, please chime in!

I'd like to see the VK shark attack and eat the Cadets "singers/vocalists/narrators" then I'd like to see the VK Godzilla do the same to any prancing and dancing "ballerina" guard member running around without a flag, rifle or saber in their hands...........

What are they up to this year, anyway? Still the same Tom-foolery?

What would be your favorite VK prank, gimmick, or GE moment in this fine, competitive season?

Have a narrator saying far-out crap, and have a member chase down and tackle 'em in mid-sentence. That way, you will hear the "HUUNNNHHHH" and tackle. Like in those tv commercials.

Maybe have someone moan through a song like Enya did last year in the Cadets, only to be confronted w/another member saying "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOIN'?!?"...and then start chasing him/her, while the corps continues to play the ballad.

There should be MACHINE spoofs, outrageous "drumspeak" segments, jeez...the list goes on and on. Plus work in some of the classics. Maybe have The Energizer bunny face off against the rabbit from last year's Cadets show and kick his butt.

All in good fun, of course. :)

Oh how I wish I lived closer to California

Or that Pasadena City College is not TOO far from the Rosebowl! :beer: