What is VK doing this year?

haha, i hope our "more cowbell" vocals are loud enough.

and nobody will get this, but "Pikachu."

They came through well enough at Calabasas....if you get a laugh, it's loud enough.

Is there a Pokemon reference in teh show I missed?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narration is an interesting idea. It's not like we have fluent French, Dutch, German, Cuban Spanish, and English speakers in the pit with little to do during the warm-up period...

And there have been additions to the cow-bell rack. It should make a 'splash'

And there is a new warm-up.

And there are drill staging changes for the end of the show, because it wasn't loud enough.

And this is all for our AZ trip, not for Finals.

But my personal favorite bit of narration is:

"Drum Corps International proudly presents, from Pasadena California,

THE VELVET KNIGHTS!"

Narration is an interesting idea. It's not like we have fluent French, Dutch, German, Cuban Spanish, and English speakers in the pit with little to do during the warm-up period...

Oh wait, but we DO...... ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Oh, and there is the Bottle Dance.....kinda.....

However, I like one person's suggestion of someone vocal-wailing through the beginning of the ballad.....hmmmm...... :laugh:

Make sure you all yell "Vanguard" at the appropriate moment. It will make the end of the show louder. Listen for the Cadets' Z-Pull chromatic run. B)

Thank you all for your support!!! The kids are having a great time and I hope you see that in them when you see us perform.

Best of luck to everyone in the home stretch. It's been a great season!!!!

....and we are already starting to design next years' chaos....... ^0^

You wouldn't.

...actually, VK used vocalization many times through the years; from "Oh, James" in '85 to singing "We love to fly, and it shows" to lead off the '92 extravaganza...but, to be fair, none of that was "narration" like what's happening nowadays. Now, we also used alot of signage...but everything is of the "one liner" ilk so that doesn't qualify, either. Don't count the latest edition out, though...if it can be bagged on...heh...

cg

...actually, VK used vocalization many times through the years; from "Oh, James" in '85 to singing "We love to fly, and it shows" to lead off the '92 extravaganza...but, to be fair, none of that was "narration" like what's happening nowadays. Now, we also used alot of signage...but everything is of the "one liner" ilk so that doesn't qualify, either. Don't count the latest edition out, though...if it can be bagged on...heh...

cg

Hey Charlie!

Actually...

'86 was the "Bond" year!

'84 we did drum talk, that may have been the first corps to do so in DCI

'85 you heard "O'Tay" from the contraline as they got up from their lawnchairs :sshh: B)

if it can be bagged on...heh...

Maybe...a chant of "sleeps wit 'da fishes" followed by The Shark Attack! ^0^

Now That's Art!!! :P

EEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Edited by D. MacKinley Riebesehl

'84 we did drum talk, that may have been the first corps to do so in DCI

I think you;re right there....84 was teh first year the corps could vocalize at all....i remember the hornline drumspeaking with the beginning of teh perc feature!

'85 you heard "O'Tay" from the contraline as they got up from their lawnchairs :sshh: B)

In "Final Analysis," right??? In the drum break? I've always wondered what was being said! Thanks!

I believe in more cowbell.

Cannibal to drum corps: "IMADUDE! IMADUDE!"

"A dude I know, a dude I know"