The Lubbock Lounge

The Cavaliers will win this show. Phantom mathematically has the edge over Crown right now, but could be either for second.

The real battle to watch is between Blue Stars and Spirit, who are less than .15 from each other based on my projection from July scores. The rate Madison has been improving the last two weeks, they may be close on their heels. I have a projected 13th for Madison next week, above Spirit at their current rate of improvement.

Another interesting match is between Southwind and Pacific Crest. It will be interesting to see if PC can maintain their slight edge in the next week.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sticking with Crown to stay ahead of Phantom and Spirit to stay ahead of Blue Stars.

1. 93.45 Cavies

2. 91.60 Crown

3. 90.95 Phantom Regiment

4. 87.25 Boston Crusaders

5. 83.80 Colts

6. 82.20 Spirit

7. 81.25 Blue Stars

8. 80.05 Scouts

9. 78.95 Pacific Crest

10. 77.40 Southwind

10. 72.90 Pioneer

Cavies on top,then Crown,followed closely by Phantom. I say this hoping that it makes a fool out of me & Phantom creams them all. :worthy:

Actually I heard that phantom isnt going to try tonight...they were kinda tired after all those rehearsal days so they figured they wont go all out tonight.

:worthy: Having actually marched there I cannot possibly see this being the case.

Craziest...thing...I've...ever...read...about...Phantom. But then, I don't have your sources. Now Phoenix? Whole other ball game.

Cavies on top,then Crown,followed closely by Phantom. I say this hoping that it makes a fool out of me & Phantom creams them all. :worthy:

Crown has already been creamed.

Actually, of that line-up, the only corps I see set in stone with absolutely no chance of placing higher or lower would be...

Boston! Guaranteed in 4th.

Well, and maybe Pioneer (how many corps? last--sorry, guys)

Well, and probably Cavies in first. But the battle in the 12 race will be interesting. And if you can't beat Spirit, you can't make finals.

1. 93.45 Cavies

2. 92.90 Phantom

3. 90.75 Crown

4. 88.00 Boston Crusaders

5. 83.90 Colts

6. 82.40 Spirit

7. 81.25 Blue Stars

8. 79.85 Scouts

9. 78.90 Pacific Crest

10. 77.65 Southwind

10. 73.10 Pioneer

:worthy: Having actually marched there I cannot possibly see this being the case.

Craziest...thing...I've...ever...read...about...Phantom. But then, I don't have your sources. Now Phoenix? Whole other ball game.

Crown has already been creamed.

Actually, of that line-up, the only corps I see set in stone with absolutely no chance of placing higher or lower would be...

Boston! Guaranteed in 4th.

Well, and maybe Pioneer (how many corps? last--sorry, guys)

Well, and probably Cavies in first. But the battle in the 12 race will be interesting. And if you can't beat Spirit, you can't make finals.

While you are probably correct in your "guaranteed 4th" for Boston tonight, also look to them to continue their late season surge and close on the upper pack....substantial show improvements have gone in during the last few days.....07 is turning out to be remarkably similar to 00 and 02 for BAC ......with 5th place finishes both of those years.....tougher competition this year perhaps, but....

With the gains Madison has had recently, I dont see that slowing, In fact tonights the night they make a move and position themselves for a real top 12 threat.

92.75 Cavaliers

91.50 Phantom

91.25 Carolina Crown

88.75 Boston Crusaders

84.50 Colts

81.85 Spirit

81.25 Madison Scouts

80.75 Blue Stars

78.00 Pacific Crest

76.50 Southwind

73.50 Pioneer

By the way, I would just love to be at this show tonight. I have a feeling its going to be one of the best so far this year. Anyone got a plane in Central Wis that wants to fly to TX?

Actually I heard that phantom isnt going to try tonight...they were kinda tired after all those rehearsal days so they figured they wont go all out tonight.

Good, because that's what Cavies and Crown were banking on when they didn't rehearse that well the past few days.