IF Cadets win - I am a bit worried about the reaction

:) No, it's perfectly all right.

At the Mufreesboro show, when he said "I've always known that I was...different", I almost stood up and yelled, "Buddy, you're preaching to the choir!". But I didn't. B)

Is this Hrothgar in disguise??

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be worried about the reaction too....in Denver, the applause for Cadets was lukewarm at best, with a noticeable amount of booing. I feel for the members....clearly a very talented group and they work so hard, then to get that reaction because the show is so ........ lame. The narration is annoying; it gets in the way of the music -- and allows the musicians to rest half the show...there's a deduction right there. It's insulting to the fan base...this isn't an elementary school crowd being educated on putting a musical piece together. It's arrogant, sophomoric, and a huge distraction from the talent on the field. It's disrepectful to the music and musicians. To the extent that GE reflects in even a small part the crowd 'wow' factor, I don't know how on earth this show scores high when the crowd reaction is so dismal. In Denver, two of my friends came along....never had seen a DCI show before. They both rolled their eyes at that performance.

I'll be cheering along with the people that come with me. So that's 3 of us and you so that makes 4 people in all.

Personally I don't think the kids will mind. A champion is a champion.

I saw the Cadets on Saturday, and was blown away by the show. Some of the narration is very good, some of it comes across as a little un-needed and/or Disney-esque. But, the actual drumming, marching, horn playing and visual execution is pretty much un-freakin-real.

The Cadets are the very best at reaching a high level of intensity in drill and music, and keeping it there for a long period of time, without it ever getting boring.

Blue Devils were very good, as were Bluecoats. Barring a bad performance by the Cadets, however, I don't see anyone catching them.

edited cuz i cant spel

Edited by drumlaw80

After seeing The Cadets in Allentown, Murphreesboro, Atlanta, Indy and Denver. I thought the Cadets were one of the best this year.

After seeing the Cadets go head to head with My Devils in Clovis and Sanford I know they would get the respect from the crowd. BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST THAT GOOD!

I hope My Devils can keep that from happening.

If the Cadets win, I'll stand up and clap. If My Devils win, I'll clap and yell!

I'd be worried about the reaction too....in Denver, the applause for Cadets was lukewarm at best, with a noticeable amount of booing.

are they still serving beer in Denver. I'll never forget the behavior of that mob in 1993 - last time attending DATR / swore I'd never go there again until they stopped serving beer to that crowd.

Edited by George

Is this Hrothgar in disguise??

Who or what is a Hrothgar? :unsure:

And no, I'm not him/it in disguise.

I'll cheer for the kids, but I'll really wonder what direction the design for the activity is going.

"Direction Of the Activity":

Stop wondering. Can you say: "Marching Band".

Elphaba

"Direction Of the Activity":

Stop wondering. Can you say: "Marching Band".

Elphaba

yeah - and the first time I heard this was when I first got involved in the activity in 1978 - guys said this to me in the stands while he was moaning and groaning about what was going on in the activity.