Platinum Members Speak Out

How about something like the "store credit" when you have to return something without a receipt? They don't/won't give you money back, but will give you "store credit" to go get something else.

Like maybe the chance to sign up now for next year at a majorly-discounted rate ... say, $50 instead of $90??? And maybe a $20 "gift certificate" for the DCI Store to use to purchase merchandise from you favorite corps??

I really don't expect DCI to give me any money back for my Platinum Membership, but something should be done after "everyone" got Annapolis free when we paid for it -AND- the horrible A/V problems from last night.

:wall:

Not to mention having to up until 2 a.m. EST here in NYS to watch the show from California ... ^0^

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also, I did not realize that $70 to $90 is considered to be doubling the price

Last year DCI had a three month option of their service, where you could JUST have the service during the season. The cost was either $30 or $40. This year they did not have that option, and you could ONLY pay $90 for roughly 11 months.

For me, I _ONLY_ joined the Platinum thing to stream live shows. I don't care about the audio archive, as I own everything (and more) that DCI has to stream. I don't care about APD's, because I'll just get the CD's or something in the fall, and I don't really care too much about the encore thing though I thing it's a nice touch) because for a lot of the season there was a show on every Sat. and I'm not that interested to watch the same shows over and over (i.e. I can wait another week to see the shows). The only way I'd care a lot about encore is if, for example, last night's feed didn't work for me and I could go online today or tomorrow to watch the show. But DCI isn't putting this up on encore so it doesn't matter anyway.

I don't think it's unreasonable in any way to demand a refund of what it would cost for the PPV (in this case $14.95). However, that would only make up for last night's debacle, and not for the lack of faith many now have for DCI and it's technology.

The more I think about it, the more I think DCI jumped into this market too early, without having the kinks worked out. They are obviously not proficient enough in live web casting to be charging as much as they are, and that's a mistake that could cost them severely in the long run. If they want to salvage current customer, and protect themselves for future ones, they need to bit the bullet after tonight and go out of their way to appease their paying customers and show good faith for future ones. The ball is definitely in their court now, and we'll see what happens.

Edited by perc2100

also, I did not realize that $70 to $90 is considered to be doubling the price

They removed the 3 month option, which was about $40. Since that would cover tour, and people signing up now for $90 do not apparently get an entire year, there is definitely something strange going on.

If I signed up for Platinum Membership today, it would be $89 and would expire on April 30, 2008. In the past, a $70 signup would expire exactly one year from now.

I'm also disappointed in the lack of behind the scene stuff offered in the past that only members got. Now you get that for free as well as Dan Potter's Field Pass. Basically we're paying for streamed shows, encorps videos and a $1 discount on APDS (which are $0.50 higher this year). If nothing is offered to Platinum Members, then I will not sign up for next year. It should be noted that I will not ask DCI for anything back. I'm glad to give $90, although the outcome is not something I'm happy with. As someone noted, the ball is now in DCI's court.

Hang 'em all! No problems like that at my blogs (hint-hint!). Check out the schnazzy new signature!

Hang 'em all! No problems like that at my blogs (hint-hint!). Check out the schnazzy new signature!

Schnazzingly annoying, that's huge... :wall:

Do semi finals as a free webcast for all to enjoy! :D

As long as it isn't as low quality as last nights webcast. I am exceedingly frustrated with the lack of improvement in this service. I am unsure if I would even take a discount for next year. DCI should proactively do something for those who experienced last nights debacle. A refund for last night is a start.

thanks for making my desission for me.... I was up in the air over weither or not to get the Platnum membership next season. (isn't worth it this late in the game this seasen)

again TY

:P :)