Webcast

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, I don't think Div 2/3 Prelims is on the list of EnCorps performances. IF DCI adds that onto the list, that would be GREAT! I'm at work and can't watch the show...and I was sad thinking that I wasn't going to be able to watch it. If they add it to the EnCorps list, that would make my day!

The live webcast support people said they would post it on en corps once they got it working, when ever that is!!

Do you use EnCorps?

Barely. I may have streamed three shows from that all summer. I bought in for the live events.

Sure, the live feed is screwed up a lot of times, but you probably still are able to do much more than those of us without Platnum Membership are. I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry, or that DCI should be forced to give a full refund, but don't forget DCI is surviving off of us, the fans.

If their very survival depends on pleasing the fans, you'd think they would do a better job of it. As the problems mount, they are giving everyone more incentive to NOT do business with them.

We are a minority. I still wanted to pay for my webcast, even though it's going to be free, because this would be just another blow to the Div II/III corps in DCI's mind.

How long until DCI decides that there is no longer any worth to continue the II/III circuit?

DCI already cares very little for anybody that isn't a big player in Div I. Just look at the rules changes they put in. Anything to try and raise the cost of competing with the big units with increasing memberships, amplification (anyway you look at it, it has increased expenses), the coming of electronics, etc. They want their own little sandbox and everybody else is just bringing them down.

<snip>

We have been experiencing technical difficulties that are beyond our control. We do apologize, and we are going to try to push it out later for free -- if we can solve our technical problems.

<snip>

I'm a pretty big supporter of DCI, but with all of the technical difficulties we've seen the past few weeks, when have they come out and said, "Yep, it was our fault. We screwed up, and we apologize." It's always "circumstances beyond our control." Maybe that's the case, but consumer confidence in their product is plummeting.

No kidding

They better have it fixed by the time my guard comes on! I need to see them cause I am missing tour!

I miss the whole bunch of them too lanisbabe11, they will get a heros welcome when they get home !!! :unsure::worthy:

but first things first.....I gotta see their show !!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

Just look at the rules changes they put in. Anything to try and raise the cost of competing with the big units with increasing memberships, amplification (anyway you look at it, it has increased expenses), the coming of electronics, etc. They want their own little sandbox and everybody else is just bringing them down.

Bull ####!

Otter bull ####!

The rules changes that they put in had no correlation with destroying the Div. II/III corps. That is simply stupid. They were meant to allow those who could afford them the ability to be more flexible with show design and implementation of ideas.

From DCI Frontpage:

Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, today’s LIVE WebCast of the Division II & III Prelims competition cannot be fully broadcast at this time. The technical team on site is currently working to resolve the technical issues at hand as quickly as possible.

Because of these circumstances, Drum Corps International is offering a full refund to all Pay Per View subscribers of today’s Webcast, and we will have the EnCorps! Videos available on DCI.org for all Platinum Members of DCI’s Fan Network as quickly as possible.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this important matter. We will keep you updated throughout the day.