1985 Suncoast Sound

"Midnight In Miami", which is the closer to that show, is one of my ALL TIME favoirite things to listen to in drum corps. The brass are just amazing and put out such a brilliant sound and the drum line has one of the best grooves I have ever heard. (And be sure to check out the bass drum cadenza. I have not heard anything like that since they did the idea again in 86)
That is SUCH a fun show--and yes, that closer kicks major league booty. I wore out a couple of cassette tapes with that show. Edited by jthomas666

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man. I wish I had bought them when I had the chance. At least I have them via the DVD Legacy Collection. Why DCI just leaves them off of the website rather than posting a note as to why it is missing is way beyond me. If it has something to do with ASCAP/BMI/RIAA or somebody else, why not let everybody know the responsible entity?

Is anything missing from 2001 - present?

Edited by Tekneek

I believe I heard through the grapvine that there are some copyright issues. Not sure how this came to be, but that's the cause.

Oh, and all I have to say about the 1985 show...

"The Lick" - that was worth the price of admission!

Anyone in the stands that night knows what I am talking about. Truly amazing!

I believe I heard through the grapvine that there are some copyright issues. Not sure how this came to be, but that's the cause.

Oh, and all I have to say about the 1985 show...

"The Lick" - that was worth the price of admission!

Anyone in the stands that night knows what I am talking about. Truly amazing!

AMEN!

Why this show still has not made any of the cinecasts is beyond me.

The 85 Suncoast show had several bars of "When You Wish Upon a Star" ... surely that's not the problem.

All APDs that are missing:

79 27th Lancers

81 Phantom Regiment

82 Phantom Regiment

85 Suncoast Sound

89 Suncoast Sound

90 Blue Devils

90 Santa Clara Vanguard

91 Cadets of Bergen County

93 Colts

I know that DCI has been working on obtaining the rights to the older performances, so that they can release the ADP's. From what I understand, a large part of the deficit from last year can be attributable to licencing from the old recordings. Perhaps these have not yet been resolved?