Booing and the Cadets

And I am beyond frustrated... I am mad as hell!

Ever watch "Network"?

Would you prefer if the crowd had chanted "Hopkins sucks," so that there was no doubt who the ire was focused on?

Its still not classy.

That may be true, but not relevant. The OP's point was that booing the director and his show design is no different than booing the performers, and that the performers can't tell the difference. The OP is wrong.

As a FMM of the Cadets of Bergen County ... let me be the first to say, " IT'S ABOUT TIME ". The Cadets of YEA! have had their fair share of jabbing the past 2 years. It usually chills out by finals night. That being said ...... this years show is overkill. We all know it. The fan$ spoke their mind. I say... GOOD. The "kids" made their (so called) informed choice about where they marched and bought into a show that they knew would be controversial. Even Rondo and Delucia were cracking on Hoppy and the show in general. They acknowledged the boo's and made a statement at the very end, "THEY'RE NOT BOOING NOW!". Good for them.

George had the show designed the way that it is INTENTIONALLY. He's using those kids to snub his nose at the fan$, Alumni, Judges and his critics. Sorry the "kids" are stuck in the middle. Maybe they should all march elsewhere and put a punctuation on the RESOUNDING statement that the masses made this evening.

I promise you .. the theater crowd offered the same reactions and LAUGHED along with the fan$ at the Rose Bowl.

It's high time they just burn the colors, get a new uniform and find a new name with ZERO national titles or world titles attached to it. Either that, or wise up, drop the amping and talking and pushing toward wind instruments and electronics. Just do drum corps and shut up. That's what the crowd said, that's what many have said on here and have been bashed for it. Politics on this board are just as bad as they are in DCI itself. But that show has gone too far. THE END.

Edited by supersop

Would you prefer if the crowd had chanted "Hopkins sucks," so that there was no doubt who the ire was focused on?

No, save that for Finals.

I have never seen (or read) Cadets fans bashing other corps or booing other corps, and I've been going to shows for two decades.

Being an alum of the Blue Devils and living on the east coast, I certainly have...

Nah, that's still offensive.. but I am still relatively unfamiliar with Hopkins history.. I've only read a thing here or there.

Don't worry, most of the ##### that booed are just no-talent wannabe hacks.

We had some in the movie theatre we were at. They sat behind me talking about how all the corps sucked except for Carolina Crown. According to them, the Academy has no talent, the Colts have a horrible show, they actually heckled Rodinaro's comment on their show being good.

These are people who post lame "screaming trumpet" videos on YouTube. Just laugh at the d&%$@.

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

I don't know about the theaters that everyone else was at, but at my theater, there were serious signs of disrespect. Before the intermission, when DCI shows 10 second or so clips of all of the corps that perform after the break, as soon as the Cadets came up, there was a chorus of boos from the back of the auditorium. This was before the Hopkins field lines controversy, and there was no picture or Hopkins reference on the screen at the time of the boos. These people booed the Cadets, not Hopkins, not YEA!, they booed the Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps.

Was it like this everywhere, or is Rochester, NY particularly disrespectful?

maybe it was just like that in some, I went to the one in Chattanooga and for the most part it was great, a few people made a few unhappy comments but no booing or major disrespect. the most disrespect happened when a group of high schoolers made fun of many of the lower corps.