The Cadets at Quarterfinals

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This I believe...the delay hurt the cadets performance level tonight. They were not on, and Blue Devils took advantage big time.

I agree. I think the delay flustered the kids, at least a little. I saw their run thru on Mon. night. I thought it was better than their performance tonight. These kids still have a much better performance in them. If they give in on Sat. night, it's all over.

Edited by 27Socal

I myself will wait to hear an OFFICIAL statement.

Take my advice- and don't hold your breath.

No article on dci.org addressing this change so far. If they just ignore this one, the competitive aspect of this activity is damaged forever. It is scandalous at this point.

Perhaps there was mention of this on another thread, but didn't SCV receive a timing penalty last Saturday at the Stanford contest? I've been concerned all season about their early performance slots at shows, knowing that it obviously doesn't help them, and that penalty last Saturday was not a good way to walk into finals week. I hope they can have have a "do over" too. Since DCI is obviously in a giving mood, I think I'll give George a call and see what he can do. :beer:

They relined the field duning the 60 minute break, but not the hash marks I am told. Why? The DCI guy in charge of the field blew this one I would have to conclude.

However bad the hash makrs looked from the seats, I know they looked much better from the field.

If you do something that has no precedent, you take your chances. Reversing the penalty set a new precedent. Timing rules are not nearly as absolute as they were yesterday.

No.

1989 Quarterfinals.

Santa Clara Vanguard was assessed a .2 penalty for non pit equipment in the pit area, resulting in Phantom Regiment winning Quarterfinals by .1 . The powers-that-be in DCI met afterwards and determined not only to change the rule, but to drop the .2 penalty Vanguard was assessed. The result was Vanguard on top of Phantom by .1 .

So in other words, DCI has dealt with this before and survived. It's not a black day (at best a chartreuse or perhaps plaid day). I think we should all take a deep breath and wait to hear the official line. Speculating will only lead to more speculating and there's enough of a surplus of that.

Not even close to the same situation. I have just become disheartened with the activity tonight after enjoying the competitive aspect for over 20 years. I will tell you one thing the Cadets will not see any more of my money at their souvie stand and they are one of my favorites corps!

I agree. I think the delay flustered the kids, at least a little. I saw their run thru on Mon. night. I thought it was better than there performance tonight. These kids still have a much better performance in them. If they give in on Sat. night, it's all over.

part of the issue I have is that the delay also hurt BD.

They showed up at the gate on time and ended up having to wait to go on.

They were delayed just as much as Cadets.