Division 1 applications

What corps are trying to make the jump from II/III to div 1?

It's my understanding that Teal is trying but can anyone else vouch for the rest of the corps. I'd love to see corps like Teal Sound, Raiders, Impulse (and I think we all can't wait for Velvet Knights) to make the jump. Maybe not all next year. (can a division III qualify?)

So if anyone can clarify any corps intentions, it would be appreciated.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my understanding that Teal is trying but can anyone else vouch for the rest of the corps. I'd love to see corps like Teal Sound, Raiders, Impulse (and I think we all can't wait for Velvet Knights) to make the jump. Maybe not all next year. (can a division III qualify?)

Division I has more to do with the business operations of the the governing body. I am not sure Teal is ready for that based on what I have been told. There are groups in I that have the resourses management wise to do it but that are not usuaaly competative.

I know it's not the same thing, but I'm pretty sure Fever wants to return to Division II next year.

I know it's not the same thing, but I'm pretty sure Fever wants to return to Division II next year.

That'd be nice to see.... :)

I think we are actually a year away - but Randy has the final answer.

He laid out a pretty good 3 yr plan and we met or exceeded most of our goals - just one left....

Everyone home safe and sound.

Great season all! Can't wait to get started on next year.

r

That'd be nice to see.... :)

Hey, I noticed that you Marched Fever in 05.

You know Joe Avery?

I would like to see as many div.III corps increase in membership and move to div.II as possible. The more corps the better.

Well it is definately good to hear, randy can take teal places they have never been before. I'd love to see Teal Sound play in the big league. Who knows, in three years i could be out of the navy and it's possible for me to do a final season. If I was to come out of retirement it would be probably the hardest season I would ever do simply because of me being out of the game, and drum corps along with Teal getting more competitive and more difficult. I don't know what my plans are three years from now are but we will see. Is it possible to march in 2011 if i'm 22 and would turn 23 around finals day? Anyone fresh on dci rules? I'd love to march again but there are alot of factors that will come into play between now and then.