Cadets Changes

Am I mistaken, or did the Cadets change the narration at the begining of the closer? I don't believe the guy began by saying how "different" he felt, but instead just went straight into saying he knew at a very young age how much he loved music. I think that was changed from Quarters to Semis and it makes that segment sooo much less laughable (as the Quarters crowd audibly snickered at the old version).

Also, at one point, the guard have a featured toss where instead of grunting (as they did in Quarters), they sounded like they had yelled "EAST". Anyone else catch that? I think that was sort of a reaction to being booed the night before. The whole corps just had a lot more moxy on Friday and I think that attitude (plus some of the changes) will lead them to a victory tonight. It's going to be a blast either way though!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there were some changes.

There was no EAST. I did hear a HUH.

They changed the "Let's try something without voice"..... to "Let's take it from the trumpet solo"

The closer lines have been changed and were much more effective:

"In highschool I learned that I LOVED music. Concert band, jazz band, drum corps ... I loved it all. Uhhhh Math, Science, I have to admit I really wasn't interested ... but something in Music just spoke to me."

The rest is the same but performed with alot of vinegar and passion.

Yeah, a good portion of the dialog was changed. He talks about how he neve liked math or science but there was something special about music. Nothing in there about him not fitting in. Crowd ate up the Cadets last night. I couldn't sense any sort of anti-narration sentiment at all last night in the stands.

Yeah, a good portion of the dialog was changed. He talks about how he neve liked math or science but there was something special about music. Nothing in there about him not fitting in. Crowd ate up the Cadets last night. I couldn't sense any sort of anti-narration sentiment at all last night in the stands.

My take was different. no outright derision, no booing, that's true, but I would not agree the crowd near me came anywhere close to eating Cadets up as they did BD, Phantom, SCV, or Crown. Some fans loved them. Many people near me only golf clapped or sat on their hands. I'd deem it a split decision, a love it or hate it show, a la BK in crowd response.

A lot of times, different sections of big crowds respond differently, so perceptions vary depending where you sat.

Man...the narration is so deep. It makes me want to go back to college and be a philosophy major.

My take was different. no outright derision, no booing, that's true, but I would not agree the crowd near me came anywhere close to eating Cadets up as they did BD, Phantom, SCV, or Crown. Some fans loved them. Many people near me only golf clapped or sat on their hands. I'd deem it a split decision, a love it or hate it show, a la BK in crowd response.

A lot of times, different sections of big crowds respond differently, so perceptions vary depending where you sat.

This was my perception too. The crowd was extremely polite with their applause, if only to prove that we are not, as a community, as evil as all the Thursday night booing might suggest. Where I was sitting, the post-performance critique was, "So much talent, really solid performance. 'eh' show." Even the Cadets alum sitting around me said they hoped Hopkins would let go of this narration "bone" after this season.

Also, at one point, the guard have a featured toss where instead of grunting (as they did in Quarters), they sounded like they had yelled "EAST". Anyone else catch that? I think that was sort of a reaction to being booed the night before. The whole corps just had a lot more moxy on Friday and I think that attitude (plus some of the changes) will lead them to a victory tonight. It's going to be a blast either way though!

Funny, I thought I heard them yell "East" also.

If I may express my thoughts....

Yes there were changes but not enough in the right direction imo.

BD is already performing their show with inhuman precision, I can't see their score moving up without making some kind of change, solos, surprise ending...something.

To many fans, the cadets show is a stinker due to the narration and they still right on the heals of BD. If they change the narration and it truly moves the crowd, I can see their ge score going up and pushing them over the top.

Basically make it cool or bd will take the championship. I expect a lot of changes tonight.

If I may express my thoughts....

Yes there were changes but not enough in the right direction imo.

BD is already performing their show with inhuman precision, I can't see their score moving up without making some kind of change, solos, surprise ending...something.

To many fans, the cadets show is a stinker due to the narration and they still right on the heals of BD. If they change the narration and it truly moves the crowd, I can see their ge score going up and pushing them over the top.

Basically make it cool or bd will take the championship. I expect a lot of changes tonight.

BD is performing a lesser show with inhuman precision, IMO. They may be a tad cleaner (not much) but is this really a championship show from a design standpoint? I know some say yes, but for me not even close.

I am digging kind of how the narration in Blue Shades kind goes on a real time line as the actual season

EX. In June: "Color Guard this was NOT very good last night were going to work A to B"

After the the six toss "AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN"

In July/Early August: "Color Guard this was pretty good last night we're going to work A to B"

After the six toss: "Nice, Ill take it"

Semi's: "Color Guard, this was wonderful last night, we're going to work A to B"

All in all you notice how they are imitating the staff at the beginning(to were they are saying its bad) to were It is toward the end of the season and they are giving praises of achievement. Kind of genius if you think about it.