Thank you Cadets

I'd like to chime in here and congratulate the members for a fantastic performance. Too many great moments to count. The use of narration didn't bother me, but the script sure did. It was like I bought a ticket to a drum corps show and somehow ended up at a 2nd grade assembly. I can only imagine their show title for 2008: "A Drum Corps Guide to Oral Hygeine." The guard can use toothbrushes instead of rifles, and the possibilities of floss are endless. But back to the performers from the 2007 corps: In my eye you were by far the most talented performers on the field, and I find it sad that your design team wanted to highlight their frustration at not finding meaningful work in the greeting card industry. Best of luck in 2008.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread needs to die. I'm done with the cadets narration crap this year. I don't want to give them anymore attention, positive or negative. It's time to move on folks.
Hey here's a crazy thought by-pass this thread and every other one that discusses the Cadets. Problem solved.
In my eye you were by far the most talented performers on the field, and I find it sad that your design team wanted to highlight their frustration at not finding meaningful work in the greeting card industry.
:tic: As a huge Cadets fan I cant help but to laugh at this. Too funny.

Refusing to let this thread get hijacked by the trolls...

Excellent job Cadets! Great season! A show for the ages!

Thank you all for sharing your talents with us.

DITTO to the applause. Cadets put out a top show from beginning to end and it isn't always for everybody. As for all the narration and I will agree that there was too much, get over it. YOWZA YOWZA YOWZA.............. Congrats to the Cadets again. I watched their tour diary from last year and thought that I would see some broken kids with all the negative crap they had to endure, but I DIDN'T. They were happy and energetic and yet fully aware of the poor spectatorship surrounding the show. You can't break class, and the Cadets my friends have it. I bet most fand in the stands and kids in all other corps would accept some booing to be in the top 4 FOREVER.

Its over, and there is no more talking. Good or bad, this is not that post so keep the talking out. This is to thank the memebers of the cadets for being amazing, and taking the crap they got with a grain of salt. Please keep the narriation talk out of this. Thank you, and again thanks cadets.

Dead wrong. You can't keep the narration OUT of the discussion because they're the ones who put in IN!

First time I saw Cadets was waaaayyy back in 1978. Old people will recall that Garfield missed Finals a few times back then. But even so, there was always admiration from the crowd about Garfield being the hardest working group of kids in DCI. (BTW, Garfield was taking penalties for including singing - I guess you could call it singing (one word, "AMEN") way back then..........kinda ironic). That work ethic is one thing that has never changed. Congratulations Cadets.

Nail.On.Head.

I seem to recall a certain west coast corps performing at finals on the east coast not long ago with almost as much talking as the cadets. They were respectfully received. Was it because they werent a threat?...cant say, all I know is that at least the fans had some class that year.

Yowza? I was at Boston. I didn't hear any booing at any of the shows, but I also don't recall any delays in that corps performing. I do, however, recall a significant amount of criticism regarding that show in this forum.

Some Blue Devils alum were booing because they were scared Cadets may beat The Devils. As a Devil I'm sorry....

Cadets are great, We had the judges tonight. And We did put on a show!

Good luck next year, you are more than worthy. :blink:

You know, I don't know who you are, but you are on classy dude/dudette! I have seen you over the past week talk about these two shows in hopes that your corps (BD) wins, but not once have you put down The Cadets, in fact, quite the opposite. There are a lot of people around here who could learn something from you. Thanks!

Dead wrong. You can't keep the narration OUT of the discussion because they're the ones who put in IN!

You know, its pretty simple to just not type anything. Why in the world have some of you come into a thread you know you don't belong in? Probably some of the same people who booed.