Meanwhile, back to the original topic. Whatever it was. :P

Oh yeah.... the HopBlog............... :grouphug:

Fran

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harumph ... Hashgate. Sounds like a '70s apres-show party to me. (Not that I know what that means, or did back then.) B)

Edited by DCIHasBeen

YIKES! Where did that come from? A DCA folk (me) came on here and illustrated that at 2 different shows, one last year and one this year, on different circuits, a lack of field marking (compounded by a storm in one case) was viewed and dealt with differently by different corps governing bodies and different corps administrations. Then I said that it might be interesting to talk about what consitites a safety issue. Some people actually have, and I think they've made a pretty good case for lack of hash marks being a safety issue in DCI. But I didn't state an opinion either way, and I certainly didn't mean to slam Cadets or Mr. Hopkins or insinuate that they should have performed with no hash marks.

In the midst of multiple threads bashing DCA...George...The Cadets...just about everyone associated with DCI, to make this post certainly came across to me, and others as a negative comment...as other DCA people have also done in more than one thread...try and read it as I highlighted below...

I'm not weighing in on George or his contention that not having hash marks was a safety issue. I do know that 23 DCA corps marched DCA prelims last year with no hash marks, only one line on the field (the 50), in the middle of hurricane Ernesto's storm surge, and it wasn't considered a safety issue.

Talk about differing perceptions of what is a safety issue...

I still think it would be interesting to talk about safety issues (preferrably in a different thread). Were "head choppers" unsafe back in the day? Should there be rules against climbing ladders on the field today? I'm sure there are opinions out there.

I have concluded that either I have to learn how to better articulate what I'm trying to say, or I have to quit posting.

(... I know, I know... you want me to quit posting. ...so be it... now, back to Mr. Hopkins blog.)

Who would want you to quit posting? That is the point of a forum.

It's always Marsha Marsha Marsha!!!!!

OB-AI327_Jan_Br_20070314112236.jpg

cop out

deal with what i said instead of what you think I mean. In any case you just proved my point. Hopkins was right for stopping the show til he got his way, but many of us got told to suck it up when we pointed out the much woprse conditions at last years DCA prelims we performed in. Youre in rare form on the subject of Hopkins today Lisa I have to say. Evidently all it takes is for someone to answer your emails for them to evoke an attack mentality in you on all who think he's not necessarily a positive force in corps today.

I can give you reasoned arguments on exactly why I think Hopkins vision doesnt serve the acitivity well. What you come back with is Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. Seriously youre phoning it in.

Edited by Scerpella

cop out

deal with what i said instead of what you think I mean. In any case you just proved my point. Hopkins was right for stopping the show til he got his way, but many of us got told to suck it up when we pointed out the much woprse conditions at last years DCA prelims we performed in. Youre in rare form on the subject of Hopkins today Lisa I have to say. Evidently all it takes is for someone to answer your emails for them to evoke an attack mentality in you on all who think he's not necessarily a positive force in corps today.

I can give you reasoned arguments on exactly why I think Hopkins vision doesnt serve the acitivity well. What you come back with is Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. Seriously youre phoning it in.

Sounds like you are complaining more about the situation in DCA than anything to do with george and DI. Just because he got what he wanted and you didnt doesnt mean he was wrong and you were right....It pretty much means he's better at getting what he wants, and DCA needs to figure out what it wants and how to get it. Hate to be so blunt, and nothing against dca, as ill probably be in it someday, once i shake off my most recent memories of DI (ohh...and get a job...)

Sounds like you are complaining more about the situation in DCA than anything to do with george and DI. Just because he got what he wanted and you didnt doesnt mean he was wrong and you were right....It pretty much means he's better at getting what he wants, and DCA needs to figure out what it wants and how to get it. Hate to be so blunt, and nothing against dca, as ill probably be in it someday, once i shake off my most recent memories of DI (ohh...and get a job...)

No youre wrong. Simply pointing out the dichotomy of when its appropriate to be concerned about field lining. When time came last year, we sucked it up and responded with our highest score of the year, Kilties Sr highest score ever. Musing that we and other corps who marched in that muck would have liked better conditions got us labelled whiners by the heroes. Some of whom now are giving Georgie a standing O for halting the show for the exact same reason.

No youre wrong. Simply pointing out the dichotomy of when its appropriate to be concerned about field lining. When time came last year, we sucked it up and responded with our highest score of the year, Kilties Sr highest score ever. Musing that we and other corps who marched in that muck would have liked better conditions got us labelled whiners by the heroes. Some of whom now are giving Georgie a standing O for halting the show for the exact same reason.

OK, so are you upset at some posters who called you a whiner and are uplifting Hopkins' actions, or are you mad at Hopkins and DCI? I can't tell.

cop out

deal with what i said instead of what you think I mean. In any case you just proved my point. Hopkins was right for stopping the show til he got his way, but many of us got told to suck it up when we pointed out the much woprse conditions at last years DCA prelims we performed in.

I didn't see any of the DCA folks who were posting about last fall say that "yes, George was right". If JC, for example, had said something along the lines of "George was absolutely right to do what he did...we marched on horrible field conditions last fall so I know what it is like to not have the field the way it is supposed to be."...I guarantee a lot of the DCA come-backs would not have been made....I know I would have agreed with him and not commented against him if THAT is what he meant...or if that is what you mean to say.