On the Idea of Western State Seceding from the Union...

commercial:

skajerk you have AWESOME music on your MySpace...

OK... back on topic.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

commercial:

skajerk you have AWESOME music on your MySpace...

OK... back on topic.

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate that since that's the band I sing with. B)

Edited by skajerk

Frankly, if I were a director on the west coast with an eye on innovation, a penchant for hair-brained ideas, and an interest in the expansion of the activity, I'd be proposing such a thing.

Said director's name wouldn't happen to have the initials "L" and "R" in some order, would he/she? :angel:

The days of two tours were awesome. DCI tour didn't start until mid-July, generally. You had roughly a month for regional tour (first tour) and a month for DCI tour (second tour).

I always thought that was a better way to run it. Although I have been told there were problems with some of them...maybe DCE (Drum Corps East) specifically? DCM was the best ran, it seems, and thusly lasted the longest. From what I recall, we had DCE, DCM, and DCP...and DCS (Drum Corps South) was around for at least one year (1993).

Edited by Tekneek

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate that since that's the band I sing with. B)

While we're off topic,

He ska jerk, is Frank Zamora still in your band?

Now on topic.

In all seriousness, I think California and the West coast in general get shafted when it comes to seeing drum corps.

The same 8 div I corps every year, with one random corps from back East every couple of years or so.

With as much as we contribute, I don't see why we don't get any big shows or regionals in return.

I think there is potential for growing a strong western circuit, but this would not be some sort of replacement for DCI. It would be primarily an alternative for those who cannot afford DCI touring. I would not imagine it would effect BD or SCV in any way at all. It would just be a way of giving more performance opportunities to corps like BDB, Mystikal, Renegaades, etc. and alternative opportunities the the Pacific Crests of the world. I don't really see DCI being effected at all.

the Phantom Regiment would follow them but in taking a short cut over the Sierra Nevadas their food truck would break down at Donner's Pass and we'd never hear from them again.

Strictly speaking in terms of history, something this tragic could only happen to VK.

I think holding it in Indianapolis most years is about as far as it gets. If you were trying to find a big city that's dead center of the country, you couldn't do much better. It's a good bus ride, even for corps in the Midwest.

While we're off topic,

He ska jerk, is Frank Zamora still in your band?

</topic>

hehheh... yes he is. He almost came with us to Pasadena but couldn't make it at the last minute.

<topic>

Now, back to our secession speechifian'

Edited by skajerk

:grouphug:

without intending to make fun in any way, I will ask: Was this a practice paper for a Writing Course or Law class, presenting an argument and then stating your case?

LOL No, it was just me crazy bored with about 300 days on my hands before the next season starts. Thank god football starts soon or y'all would be subjected to many more of these inane posts.