New Crown Brass Staff

Are you kidding, no way. CC has an excellent brass staff. :P

Check out YouTube performance of CC's Boogie Wonderland. While you are listening to a beautiful brass sound..........

Notice the brass staff on the front left sidelines. A picture is worth a thousand words IMHO.

(No link attached per DCP guidelines) :laugh:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I think the cadets should fire aungst and mcnutt because they got 4th in drums and the corps got 2nd. Oh, and get rid of that guard staff too, april...jonathon - out, out, out....

Wow....this is kind of fun. Lets do it for every corps... :D

Got a new one -

The cadets should have fired george hopkins in 1982 because they came in 3rd and the drumline got 6th :P :P

alli hve to say is that the brass score is not just based off of how the ensemble sounds....the brass judges will get in the bells of the players and hear INDIVIDUAL SOUNDS!!!....IF THEY ARENT CONSISTANT THEN SCORES WILL BE LOWER. ....ensemble sound can still be amazing with inconsistancy in playing ability throughout the hornline...i.e. cavies have better overall individual players so they will beat crown on many occasions...same with BD and cadets.....they just need to be harder in the auditions so they get better talent coming in.

alli hve to say is that the brass score is not just based off of how the ensemble sounds....the brass judges will get in the bells of the players and hear INDIVIDUAL SOUNDS!!!....IF THEY ARENT CONSISTANT THEN SCORES WILL BE LOWER. ....ensemble sound can still be amazing with inconsistancy in playing ability throughout the hornline...i.e. cavies have better overall individual players so they will beat crown on many occasions...same with BD and cadets.....they just need to be harder in the auditions so they get better talent coming in.

Yeah, the field is usually a different story, but Crown shouldn't change a thing. As far as auditions, I can't think of anyone who holds people more accountable than Matty Harloff, Van Doren, and that crew. Those guys are notorious for making lemonade. Please, don't mistake that statement. Crown isn't full of lemons, but that crew has worked with some less than stellar lines in the past with amazing results. Obtaining talent is like opening a restaurant.. location, location, location. If talent is the issue, then I guess they need to have camps all over the country (a.k.a.-Texas) like everyone else. However, the days of the field judge are numbered, my friends, so that ensemble sound will become more and more important. It should be factored into the high brass award anyway. Actually, it's kinda sad that more talented lines don't generate a better ensemble quality of sound. I don't care who has the most talent. I just want more lines to sound as amazing as Crown did the past couple seasons.

Jbentley

However, the days of the field judge are numbered, my friends, so that ensemble sound will become more and more important.

thats a really ominous sentence.... :unsure:

i was at the sevierville show, and saw crown constantly throughout the summer, especially the early shows. they deserved to be in the 20's in brass throughout most of the season. that brassline made finals in orlando because the guard got the show into the top 12 in orlando, so they couldnt score anywhere lower than 12th on saturday night. that was a repeatedly grimace-worthy hornline, and one of the worst to ever perform on the last saturday night of the summer.

if your point was to talk about where the brassline is now, thats fine. its a HUGE turnaround over the course of 5 seasons (it was an amazing change even back in '04) but i really hope youre not trying to make it sound like the final product in '03 was something to give pats on the back for. even '02 was a much stronger hornline.

Well..that hornline did place 12th on semis night..so it did actually make finals. Considering the 40 or so 16 year olds that showed up at Clover HS in november of 2002, that hornline came a long, long way.

Was every note a classic..no. Were the cracks and out of tune notes..yup. Did that hornline make some nice music..absolutlely. Did other hornlines in the top 12 do the same on both accounts..MMhMM

BTW..you should watch your words. The hornline you were in that summer scored a 16.2 on the Div II sheets. If CC's hornline was grimace worthy, and you use the numbers to judge, then the ensemble you were in must have been vomit inducing. :sshh: :unsure:

Well..that hornline did place 12th on semis night..so it did actually make finals. Considering the 40 or so 16 year olds that showed up at Clover HS in november of 2002, that hornline came a long, long way.

Was every note a classic..no. Were the cracks and out of tune notes..yup. Did that hornline make some nice music..absolutlely. Did other hornlines in the top 12 do the same on both accounts..MMhMM

BTW..you should watch your words. The hornline you were in that summer scored a 16.2 on the Div II sheets. If CC's hornline was grimace worthy, and you use the numbers to judge, then the ensemble you were in must have been vomit inducing. :sshh: :blink:

PWNT! :unsure:

BTW..you should watch your words. The hornline you were in that summer scored a 16.2 on the Div II sheets. If CC's hornline was grimace worthy, and you use the numbers to judge, then the ensemble you were in must have been vomit inducing. :sshh: :unsure:

hahahaha....way to defend your beloved corps' experience-less 2003 hornline with an age validation, then call a first-year division 2 corps hornline at their first ever show vomit-incuding.

....now that i think of it, there were actually 2 people in the corps who had previously marched lake erie regiment, so i guess we had a good veteran nucleus. i mean, compared to carolina crown's 40 16 year olds that year.....im sure our ONE AGEOUT really gives you guys a great excuse.

im probably the last person in the world to ever call someone out for doing something completely "unclassy," a term thats even awkward for me to type, but seriously, thats just ridiculous. i should watch my words when commenting on something from a completely unbiased, credible (like i said, i saw the corps somewhere around 10 times that year, as if forcing myself to watch my dvd wouldnt tell me enough), unbitter point of view, or else a member of the inner workings of the crown organization will call me out for tact. got it. i'm on it.

oh yeah, and i know where the hornline placed on semis night, because they were a TENTH behind of MAGIC OF ORLANDO.

that moment in judging history is truly a complete embarassment, and ive even referenced it on here before. not only were the two considered a tenth apart from each other from a field performance standpoint, but the seattle cascades dropped from 8th in horns to 16th in horns that night.

if you need any other reasons proving how pathetically inaccurate that score was on that night, and dont feel like comparing crown to magic, just listen to seattles brassline from that season (i have a recording if you dont) and honestly tell me that crowns hornline could have been .9 better than seattles, after seattle beat them by a full point the night before. thats just a joke. seattle's hornline was great that year, seriously, and they simply got #### on once semis night came around.

im really very rarely one to complain about judging, but brass judging was terrible that night. sorry.

http://www.bknights.org/scores/scores.asp?...amp;ShowID=2446 (click the recap sheet to see quarters)

http://www.bknights.org/scores/scores.asp?...amp;ShowID=2447 (semis)

love you blue knights for the score section of your website, its amazing.

Edited by Jared_mello