LIVE from the Pressbox for DCA Finals

JohnD

I didn't "sign off" earlier since I ran down to see Jami of the Bucs pit and one of my fellow DCP moderators.

First, thanks everyone for tuning into the threads; we had a blast doing it for all of you. Second, thanks to everyone else that I was in the pressbox with and all of our contributors to make the coverage great.

Congrats to Bucs, Sun, and all the corps!

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brigadiers were undefeated from mid-1999 until mid-2003, encompassing four titles.

Yup, that is correct. I'm a person who likes stats so I just did a tally to see what it was. Those were some great marching years for sure. Brigs lost the first show of the 1999 season to the Empire Statesmen and then proceeded to win 46 shows in a row and 4 titles in a row. The Brigs streak came to an end 1 week before the 2003 finals when the Cabs came in 1st and the Brigs came in 2nd. By the way, the beginning and end of the streak happened to take place in Connecticut (Bridgeport and West Haven respectively).

The tally for the Bucs is 29 wins in a row and 3 titles in a row. I've seen the Bucs a couple of times the last few years and have been very impressed. As far as my knowledge, the Brigs are the only corps in DCA history to win 4 DCA championships in a row. The way the Bucs are heading, they have a great shot at winning a 4th in a row. They definitely have the winning formula and drive and I wish them luck in 2008. It's a tremendous accomplishment to win this many shows and titles in a row.

Good luck to all in 2008.

Mike

Brigs 1996-2004

I didn't "sign off" earlier since I ran down to see Jami of the Bucs pit and one of my fellow DCP moderators.

First, thanks everyone for tuning into the threads; we had a blast doing it for all of you. Second, thanks to everyone else that I was in the pressbox with and all of our contributors to make the coverage great.

Congrats to Bucs, Sun, and all the corps!

Thanks...

Live from the hotel in Rochester

Long road back ...Thanks all.....What a great exp. tonight... I can't say N'uf about how much we apppriciate the support from all DCA corps. From the parking lot to the field ...So many classy corps and out there. We thank you all.

WHAT a Blast!!!!!!!!

JC

Sun 80 -?

Thanks...

Live from the hotel in Rochester

Long road back ...Thanks all.....What a great exp. tonight... I can't say N'uf about how much we apppriciate the support from all DCA corps. From the parking lot to the field ...So many classy corps and out there. We thank you all.

WHAT a Blast!!!!!!!!

JC

Sun 80 -?

WooHoo!!

You go John!! :worthy:

CONGRATS of your performance and win last night!! :music:

(John is in the Sunrisers horn line... :music: )

On my own behalf I would like to congratulate the 2007 DCA Champions Reading Bucaneers.

Great show and staff. You all are always a class act from Carl Rocco to the field stripping crew,

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you.

Joe Taylor

Empire Statesmen Visual Team

Actually the showmanship award is given to the best individual performer, which includes everyone and anyone who sets foot on the field for finals. It is considered above the best soloist in stature. So Genevieve was more than recognized. That woman can flat out play.

Way to go Genevieve! Since I first heard you play, I've known you were at the top of your class. Congratulations.

Awesome job Cru! Great strong ending and a very exciting show overall, and welcome back to Finals. You've made this Cru Alum proud :)

THANKS Danielle!!!!! :) We Love our alumnus! We also LOVED being back in finals and more good things to come!!!!!!! :P

"From the commuter parking lot in West Richfield, New Jersey, the Bushwackers!"

Close, it was "From a commuter parking lot somewhere in Ridgefield Park, NJ.

Bush2.jpg

Every shot I'm ever in my horn is covering the face :worthy:

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words about the solo, and dance that followed. Had a great time in Rochester this year, and I'm definitely going to come back next year.

She was so freakin' hot!

NO NO NO you guys haven't seen HOT until you've seen that awesomely exotic gorgeous blonde bari player in Bush!!! It's easy to look hot in the guard but to pull it off with no makeup , sweaty, hair pulled up and messy .... :P photos don't do her justice either. Her smile is killer ... the kind of gal who just seems so upbeat!! :worthy:

Great job to everyone!! Congrats to All!!