Your fave Rachacha moment?

Personally, the entire weekend was one of the greatest experiences of my life! But, I have to admit that sharing the emotions with The Sunrisers on the field during retreat was the best...to have come so far to achieve so much is still beyond words!

And let me say something about retreat: just to be able to line up with all of the competing corps in both classes, and just enjoying the sights and sounds BEFORE,DURING AND AFTER--all I can say is, WOW!!!!!!!!

Major props to the entire SO CAL DREAM battery, as well as to our friends in GOVIES...taking a picture of our entire snare line with the great Kelly of The Renegades' snare line (please forgive me if I have your name wrong)...sharing the moment of winning a world championship with my bud, Emily (aka STAFF--Em, there were 5 PHOENIX alumni crowned world champions that evening!)...finally getting to see Taryn (cymbal player at BUCS and former snare drummer for PHOENIX) and congratulating her on the 3-peat...watching Taryn, along with Matt Speilmann of BUCS perform their victory concert (congrats to friends Rich Hammond, Frank Franko, Tollie Contento and Johnny Trujillo of BUCS on a great season, as well as scoring a perfect 20 in ensemble perc!!)...having my picture taken with Andrea of BUSH (former SUNRISER color guard and drum major)...having all of the corps congratulate us as they passed us during retreat, and again while we made our way to the equipment trucks: man, what an honor--thank you, thank you, thank you...receiving congratulatory handshakes and compliments from the other corps DURING retreat...to finally meet up again with the entire Irondale High School (New Brighton, MN) crew that marched and taught MBI: seeing all of you truly made my weekend complete! (Hey--send pics to me if you can!! Momma Schmidt and Momma Skalicky have my e-mail addy...)

To all that supported SUN this entire season--my never-ending thanks. To the entire SUN '07 staff, administration and membership: I love you all and I will miss being with you in '08. Special thanks to Rich, Gary, Stan, Dan (aka 2-7), John C, Robbie C, Hey-Ray, The China's, Robert (aka BOB VILLANOVA!!!!!), Larry (aka OGS--all you have to do now is win as a member of the color guard!!), Stephaine, DJ (North Philly represent, yo!!), Shannon, Luke, Neil, Darick, Derrick, Dave Scozzaro in Cali (our bass tech for the last 2 years, now doing it big-time in his PhD program), the entire percussion section (especially my tenor comrades, John and Alex, aka Skittles), my bud Sarah, Susanne (this championship is for you!), Sean, Jessica (PARTNER!).

I hope to see all of you somewhere down the road...

Tex

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite moment of this past weekend was our (Cru's) prelims performance. It was so intense and emotional, it was the most energetic performance that ive ever been apart of. After the last hit, the feeling i felt ive never felt before, not in anthing that ive done...that show is my all time favorite performance of all time..

it was amazing

Watching the Empire Statesmen Sop section on You tube is bringing back great memories. :)

l_14bfc2651212bcf52d84870a1bc03974.jpg

Who are those two young men. I love the shot and it was a great weekend. I can't wait to do it again. ^0^ :doh: b**bs ^0^

I've got another one, doing my James Brown and Lil Jon impressions for SoCal Dream's battery prior to retreat

TO THE WINDOW!!!! TO THE WALL!!!!!

Can I count it off?

Also I've got to find that pic of Kelly and the SUN snareline, does anyone know Kelly's email

Who are those two young men. I love the shot and it was a great weekend. I can't wait to do it again. ^0^ :doh: b**bs ^0^

I remember this moment ... it still brings a smile to my face. GENIUS

Performing at Prelims in the beautiful weather was my most favorite moment. Performing the driving rain last year left something to be desired.

Another favorite moment was hanging out with Music City Legend to record our show music on Sunday (another beautiful day).

Performing at Prelims in the beautiful weather was my most favorite moment. Performing the driving rain last year left something to be desired.

Another favorite moment was hanging out with Music City Legend to record our show music on Sunday (another beautiful day).

lots of good photos from that event.

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/gulfcoastsound2007/

I remember this moment ... it still brings a smile to my face. GENIUS

Oh yeah. I'm used to Renegade uniforms in that enviroment, seeing the Sky one in the middle of a party...definitely one of the best moments.

For me I would have to say it was hearing the crowd's response to our show...especially after I shot the soloist. :P

The corps really came together and did their best...GREAT JOB MCL!

Scott and I getting to hang out with our longtime friends and new friends is always a treat. I look forward to that every year. I love drum corps!

I also have my DCA pics posted to the MCL scrapbook if anyone would like to look. You never know, you just might be in there too!

Penny's DCA pics