Who had the highest screamers this year?

cire

Some will say that they are playing with control and not trying to blow their brains out.

I got a new T shirt for you.

Clean and boring is still BORING!

Not that the Cabs were boring.I really enjoyed their performance.

But some others????

Ed, you never cease to make me laugh!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, you never cease to make me laugh!!

Glad to be of service sir :P

Some will say that they are playing with control and not trying to blow their brains out. :laugh:

Naw I'm pretty certain the purple faces and expressions on their faces indicate trying to blow ones brains out!

Its just a volume thing, btw they sounded great.

I'm pretty sure loud and gross sounding is still gross sounding. just throwin that out there. I actually didn't get to hear what I would call a real screamer this year. but I didn't see many corps' shows.

I'll start off by saying I'm a drummer. I didn't get to see all that many shows this year. (Clifton, Salem, and a few corps during finals weekend) I ended up in CV's pit by the end of the season, so I'll leave them out of this since I'm biased. These are my opinions and what sounds good to my untrained (but experienced) ear.

Best sounding horn line in competing corps (not counting my corps) - Empire Statesmen - playing G bugles.

Best sounding middle voices (Euph - Mello) Bucs - playing Bb

Horn line that year after year makes me go "d@mn" (by being good - not necessarily loud) - Bush - playing Bb

My favorite horn line induced goose bump moment of 2007 - Kilties in Salem during Eli's Coming - playing G

When I saw the combined Cabs Alumni & competing corps in Clifton they had soloists from each corps on the front sidelines. Now I don't know the guy from the competing corps' name, but I know he's no slouch. Standing there next to Ponzo, that trumpet didn't even come close to keeping up.

So, to get back on topic, my vote for best DCA screamer is Frank Ponzo. Period. Loud. High. In tune. What a player.

Edited by MJH

This is Dave..

http://a680.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...ea17245f337.jpg

He's the highest screamer I've heard at DCA.. the one with the triple C that (if all works out) will be marching BD next year

Of ALL the pics you had to list for him, you choose THIS one. Just kidding. The boy better march BD even if it means I lose a carpool buddy, but he knows this already.

Here's a better pic of Dave on the way to DCA Championships.

SoCalDream07ToDCADaveOnly.jpg

edit: Added pic.

Edited by Cathie Wiener