Who had the highest screamers this year?

cire

i think it's time to stop poking fun at Bb's...

Not a chance B)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you forgot MBI, MCL...Alliance, Fusion Core, Chops, Inc. maybe Govies too not sure on that one

Methinks MCL were using G Bugles. Could be wrong but up until they went on everything sounded like MONO. As soon as they had there first horn hit to the crowd it went to STEREO. Just sayin.....

My vote for highest scream goes to the cat from Minnesota Brass, but as far as "Ballzando", it's gotta be Richie Price with a close second to Jeff Gibbens

I believe Jeff hit a double E. That's high.......right?

I know Tornado's last note in our show was F#. I asked because it made my ears bleed...

Just sayin'...

I know Tornado's last note in our show was F#. I asked because it made my ears bleed...

Just sayin'...

I had the opportunity to meet Tornado in San Antonio this year and spend some time with him. Aside from being a hero of mine and reguardless if he was king screamer this year (and I DO know he was E'ing around in 93) he's a screamer of a guy. It was a privilage to meet him but too bad I didn't get a chance to hear him play in person. Not that all of you other cats aren't good people either, but you'd never forget Tornado.

exactly my point, Donny...what did we have, 22 competing corps at DCA this year? Half of them are playing Bb's or just about?

I know there's some corps like Renegades, that will never make the switch, and that's fine...I just wish that people would stop poking fun and making immature remarks about them (Bb's)

That's SO 7 years ago.

7 years since DCI went Bb. Talk about beating a dead horse. :lookaround:

Chris when the change to Bb came about I was dead set against it corps like Bush Bucs Minn Brass and Crown the Cadets changed my mind some of the best horn lines out there and they can play loud also

Yeah, near the end of the season we started to notice a suspicious absence of squirrels and gophers at our rehearsal site. I'm still gonna claim ignorance. :P

Did he keep away the guy from 06 who claimed to be president of the local housing association??? (06 hornline vets should remember him)

And yeah.....Dave came out for a day in 06 but was unable to march the season....I don't think he fracked a screamer note the entire day....his accuracy and power were amazing.

No easing into the note.....no getting there from a lower pitch....just set the lips and out it came, absolutely rock solid....spectacular!

Hmm...who's playing trumpets in DCA these days?

Bucs

Bush

Cabs

Hurcs

Cru?

any class A corps playing them?

i think it's time to stop poking fun at Bb's...

I agree. I don't care for the sound of a b-flat hornline, they are usually tinny and not full. I only heard one hornline last season (a DCI corps, for the record) that really pulled off the B-flats.

My PERSONAL preference is G horns, as they are much more open. However, I'd love to hear a line on all Kanstul big bore B-flats.