Who had the highest screamers this year?

cire

Wow, thanks, man!

Yes, we play G horns!!!

I have to chime in and say yes every time I get a basis for comparison G's are louder. I stood about 15 feet from Cabs hornline during their victory concert outside of the stadium and as great as they sounded, they dont have the killer volume that G hornlines have. And let me tell you those guys were putting everything they could into those horns. At that distance, it should hurt your ears, and my face stayed securely fastened to my skull.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was just me, but this Vasquez guy seemed to have at least a fifth or more than anybody else I heard all weekend. And I know most of these guys...pretty extraordinary.

Donny

Donny,

You're dead on. Dave Vasquez -- I stood near him in the loading dock area outside the Minicorps stage, then near the corner of the stage by where Roger Grupp was sitting. Vasquez is the real deal. I heard triple Cs. His dubba is powerful. His build and chops remind me of Greg Potter, Renegades. Chatting with the guy, riding up 'n down elevators and chatting in rooms, this young man is polite. Another plus.

I hope he does do Blue Devils. I've been pushing that ever since Thom Willet told me about him. I trusted that Thom was not exagerrating...Thom told the truth.

Edited by CozyChopsCom

Is this Vasquez the guy with the ponytail soloing with MBI in the Pit ? If so, he was on my plane out of Rochester. I told him nice work and he was very very polite and seemingly free of ego.

I thought the one guy walking around the stage for Renegades mini corps went off too. Kind of non-descript, but he seemed to be doing most of their soloing.

As for whether screaming is worth anything or not.......its like having a 40 inch vertical leap........most likely all the plyometrics in the world aren't going to get you there......you can either jump or you cannot. Same with the screamers. Most people can play all they want, but will never be able to "scream". Consequently, it interesting to watch and listen to even if they miss it.

Personally, I thought Frank and Curt (Cabs Alumni) were absolutely on fire during the alumni show.

Maybe it was just me, but this Vasquez guy seemed to have at least a fifth or more than anybody else I heard all weekend. And I know most of these guys...pretty extraordinary.

Donny

After hearing Dave... it ruined it for me for all of the other screamers.. I kept thinking they would go up another octave and kept getting let down. lol :grouphug:

Is this Vasquez the guy with the ponytail soloing with MBI in the Pit ? If so, he was on my plane out of Rochester. I told him nice work and he was very very polite and seemingly free of ego.

Nope that wasn't him

Edited by cire

After hearing Dave... it ruined it for me for all of the other screamers.. I kept thinking they would go up another octave and kept getting let down. lol :grouphug:

Nope that wasn't him

Humans can't even hear triple C's can they? :P That's awesome. And to think I've been feeling good about hitting really weak Double A's lately. :(

Way to go Dave. You've got to do BD...it will be one of the greatest times of your life.

A different Vasquez: Ray Vasquez is one of the screamers in Minne-Brass and Minnesota Brass. Besides being a nice guy, he's a great teacher, too.

The Govenaires converted to B-flat/Fs this season. Sounds as though no one could tell the difference or you wouldn't be asking. It kind of defeats your whole argument. Put that on a tshirt.

I have to chime in and say yes every time I get a basis for comparison G's are louder. I stood about 15 feet from Cabs hornline during their victory concert outside of the stadium and as great as they sounded, they dont have the killer volume that G hornlines have. And let me tell you those guys were putting everything they could into those horns. At that distance, it should hurt your ears, and my face stayed securely fastened to my skull.

Some will say that they are playing with control and not trying to blow their brains out. :blink:

I got a new T shirt for you.

Clean and boring is still BORING!

Not that the Cabs were boring.I really enjoyed their performance.

But some others???? :blink::doh::doh::ph34r::laugh::blink::doh: