Who had the highest screamers this year?

cire

Not to mention the fact that the arrangements tend to shy away from crazy high notes in the trumpet parts? Just an observation.

Could be because in the overall scheme of things, screaming doesn't mean a darned thing and basically adds nothing to the show except a "see what I can do" moment. Big whoops.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty interesting though if you compare corps now to say.. the 70s.. nowadays you may have 1 screamer for every few corps..

Back then.. it seemed like every corps (big or small) had a screamer. It might come down to the talent, or that drum corps has moved away from the music and more towards GE and drill.

My vote for highest scream goes to the cat from Minnesota Brass, but as far as "Ballzando", it's gotta be Richie Price with a close second to Jeff Gibbens

And that's the difference between the seniors and the juniors. Seniors have more fun at it than the juniors, more entertaining. Can't deal with the amps and dumb voiceovers, etc...

What was her name? The girl with the high....oh....you were talking about trumpet playing? Hmmm NEVER MIND!

Could be because in the overall scheme of things, screaming doesn't mean a darned thing and basically adds nothing to the show except a "see what I can do" moment. Big whoops.

It IS a throw-back, to some extent.

But, I think that it can still be used to pretty good effect; with a good player, the right timing and not too much over-use.

Renegades, Thunderbirds, So Cal, Minne Brass used thier guys REALLY WELL in mini-corps, I think. (to say the least)

(those are just the ones I remember - I'm losing brains cells every day, so forgive any slight here)

Maybe it works better in the stage show/jazz arrangements kind of setting?

Edited by brassomaniac

Maybe it works better in the stage show/jazz arrangements kind of setting?

I think it really depends on the type of show.. having a screamer in a classical show just won't work well.. but a screamer in a in-your-face jazz type show will probably work really well.