Booing in drum corps

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Have you booed at a drum corps show?

• Never have, never will
    • never have, never will, but I don't object to other people booing
    • I have, but I won't again
    • I have, and I might again if inclined to

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Hop said on espn, people just forget there are kids down there. Were not paid to do what we do, were no gladiator. Sure, say we should toughen up a bit and learn how to take it but to me thats just stupid. We are performers that do the activity because we love it. Why would you boo someone that puts that much time and dedication into something. I wonder if the people booing the cadets even looked at the field to see there were NO hashes or even for a split second thought about the kids safety. I doubt it because their gladiators right, they should be able to handle it, how dare they delay the show, who do they think they are.....I also think coming up to them after a show is a good idea but I doubt many of the boo birds could ever approach a cadet or any corps member and tell them they booed and this is why.

If you don't like it fine, I know I'm not going to change anyones mind. But I truely feel sorry for anyone that couldn't find at least one thing they liked about the show and felt like you had to boo.

Michigan fans booes their team at halftime....I personally think that is bad as well as booing a corps. (and I hate Michigan)

It's funny you mention that... did anyone watch the interview with the Michigan player (I forget who it was)?

He said, when asked about the booing: "We don't listen to it. The fans that boo aren't real fans and we don't care what they think. The fans that don't boo, that go, 'Alright, we got things to work on,' are the real fans. We care about them. We play for them. We don't care about the fans that boo."

booing is classless and shows no intelligence what so ever. if you don't like a show, don't clap. this is an educational activity and the performers do not deserve to be booed, ever!

How come the alleged "nature" of the activity changes with each poster's attempt at debate? <**>

Like Hop said on espn, people just forget there are kids down there.

Oh, what B.S. The performers aren't being booed. Hop knowingly brings this on himself. If he doesn't want it, then don't design it into the show. Otherwise, it's just crocodile tears.