Top Posters In This Topic

I think that all corps names should start with "The"

We agree.

Signed- THE Magic.

• 2 weeks later...
On the field, sponsored by YEA...

-

Ha!

When people outside of drum corps hear the words Cadets, Academy and Cavaliers they think of other things like.

For Cadets they think of either Boy Scouts, U. S. Army, ROTC, or military type things.

For Academy they think of a school, Academy Awards, Air Force Academy, things of those sorts.

For Cavaliers they think of the basketball team, the car, or the University of Virginia mascot.

They each put that in front of their name to be known apart from those things. That's what I think is the reason they put "The" in front of it.

Edited by CoHmempho04

Man, I think every single person who replied in this thread missed the point. The OP was well aware that these three corps have "The" as part of their official title. His question was why they are still alphabetized under "T", because in other mediums (movies, for example) the "The" doesn't count.

I have aways wondered this as well. Yes, they're technically "The Cavaliers", but they just still be under "C" and not "T" when listing them alphabetically.

Man, I think every single person who replied in this thread missed the point. The OP was well aware that these three corps have "The" as part of their official title. His question was why they are still alphabetized under "T", because in other mediums (movies, for example) the "The" doesn't count.

I have aways wondered this as well. Yes, they're technically "The Cavaliers", but they just still be under "C" and not "T" when listing them alphabetically.

Maybe cause the program they use when typign up those lists, it doesn't take "the" in to account (most of the time, don't you type it as "cadets, the" in that situation?)

When you go to just the "corps" page on dci, they're in the right order, leaving the T out in conisderation, but still having "the" at the beginning...

Edited by DKracing