Vanguard

Aside from obvious rehearsal, show design etc. comments...

They'll have to engage an all out battle with the top 7 corps, and they will definitely have a shot at top three if not world champions of ***kickin!

As I said in a past thread, their cymbal line alone would totally pwn a good percentage of the adversaries.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insert generic comments about show design, member retention and hiring quality staff here.

Michael’s comment that the new top 7 is the old top 3 is very accurate, well at least with the level of competition this season. In this regard, SCV’s performance and placement this year are to be commended. In terms of advancing to a higher placement, I believe they are completely on track with their visual program. IMO, two years in a row they’ve marched one of the (if not the) most interesting visual programs. I believe they need to step up the music program in order to pose a legitimate threat to BD, Cavies, and Cadets.

Would love to see Vangaurd back in the top 3 or with a title. It's almost been 10 years since the tie and 20 since Phantom part II.

Michael’s comment that the new top 7 is the old top 3 is very accurate, well at least with the level of competition this season. In this regard, SCV’s performance and placement this year are to be commended. In terms of advancing to a higher placement, I believe they are completely on track with their visual program. IMO, two years in a row they’ve marched one of the (if not the) most interesting visual programs. I believe they need to step up the music program in order to pose a legitimate threat to BD, Cavies, and Cadets.

Totally agree. On top of that they need to find some good staff in those areas of need (if they feel there are areas of need that is) and stick with them. There has been so much staff turnover in that corps the past 10 years it is nuts. In the past 10 years they have made humongous wholesale changes to some of those music captions way too many times (like the brass staff, for example). That is why some of those captions are scoring where they are in my opnion. Some of the staff has not been given enough time to reap the benefits of their hard work. I think many of the people that thy have had in the past (like for example their current brass staff) are of a pretty high quality, but that will not matter if they dont enough time to develop their program.

It is like watching these football team that hire and fire a coach after one or two years with a program before they have had a chance to build a winner...winning programs are not build over night.

SCV is a great drum corps. In my opinion, the greatest drum corps in the history of the activity. They remind me of sports teams like Kentucky Basketball or Notre Dame football. You know they are going to be back.....it is just a matter of putting all the pieces together and giving them the time to develop.