Staff Changes for 08

CoreyD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great pick up for them. Kevin is a freakin genious. The things he has done at Tarpon Springs are incredible

I heard an inspiring story concerning Kevin. I taught for a year at Northeast HS in Pinellas County and because I was hired a week before school began marching band was not as "gung ho" as I and others would want it to be. Anyways, the story I heard was that Tarpon Springs did not have a large band when Kevin showed up. The seniors thought that they ran the band and Kevin changed that. The seniors were either kicked out or quit and there were only a few kids left in the band. From those few students, Kevin built Tarpon Springs Band program to what it is today. I hope that this story is accurate and if it isn't then someone fix it. Kevin helped put Boston in finals so I can imagine Blue Stars back in the top 12.

I heard an inspiring story concerning Kevin. I taught for a year at Northeast HS in Pinellas County and because I was hired a week before school began marching band was not as "gung ho" as I and others would want it to be. Anyways, the story I heard was that Tarpon Springs did not have a large band when Kevin showed up. The seniors thought that they ran the band and Kevin changed that. The seniors were either kicked out or quit and there were only a few kids left in the band. From those few students, Kevin built Tarpon Springs Band program to what it is today. I hope that this story is accurate and if it isn't then someone fix it. Kevin helped put Boston in finals so I can imagine Blue Stars back in the top 12.

I am originally from Pinellas County. I was in one of the top marching bands back in my day. Some could argue we were the 2nd best band in the county just behind the "Green Team". I still have a video of the Tarpon Springs show back in 1991. I believe that was just before Kevin Ford went there. The band marched on the field and did a stand still for their whole show and marched off. They had around 12 members total. They were the worst band in our county back in that time. It truly is amazing how things have changed due to Kevin Ford.

I am originally from Pinellas County. I was in one of the top marching bands back in my day. Some could argue we were the 2nd best band in the county just behind the "Green Team". I still have a video of the Tarpon Springs show back in 1991. I believe that was just before Kevin Ford went there. The band marched on the field and did a stand still for their whole show and marched off. They had around 12 members total. They were the worst band in our county back in that time. It truly is amazing how things have changed due to Kevin Ford.

My school's band was in a festival in Washington DC with Tarpon Springs, and needless to say Tarpon Springs blew EVERYONE away. Kevin Ford is pretty much amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

it's official

The Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Shapiro and Kevin Ford, and the return of Brian Kraft and Ron Hardin to lead its visual and guard programs in 2008.

Michael Shapiro joins the Blue Stars as Color Guard Caption Head for 2008.

from bluestars.org

it's official
The Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Shapiro and Kevin Ford, and the return of Brian Kraft and Ron Hardin to lead its visual and guard programs in 2008.

Michael Shapiro joins the Blue Stars as Color Guard Caption Head for 2008.

from bluestars.org

This corps is going to be SOLID this year. I predict top 10! B)

from bluestars.org

This corps is going to be SOLID this year. I predict top 10! B)

If so, its going to get pretty crowded in the top ten!

Maybe we should expand the top ten to 13 or 14?

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Besides, there will be four or five other 'solid' corps that will be doing all they can to make sure this doesn't happen.

Not that I don't wish them well, but I'm sure the Colts, Glassmen, Spirit, Academy and Madison (to name a few) should come out pretty strong also.

ehhh, it's the same as digger phelps having 84 teams in his NCAA tourney field :P