Phantom Regiment hires new drill designer

Well, at first I thought we were going after a "mother Earth" thing with Native American garb, but as the season progressed -- i guess they were supposed to be male/female 'birds'. It's all good, but I can see how the judges would be hard pressed to see that as part of the visual theme, to me, it didn't jive as well as it could. However, they were noticeable!!!

Jamey Thompson is indeed well ahead in the design dept, and I think that Regiment would have benefitted ten-fold if he stayed on as 'Visual Consultant' and let Scotella do the drill. The Emmert Bros and Sage should be ok this year.... CONSIDERING what the medium/theme/music is for this coming season.........

Persona;;y, I'd love to see "Sparticus" again. Possibly ANYTHING by Miklos Rozsa.........

Gosh there is so much in my head and thoughts right now that I just wish I had a full time job doing drum corp show concepts.... but alas, stuck in the confines of the Information Technology universe instead.......

The Horror of it All...........

Trish I agree with most of your accessment. It's the visual tweeks that make things happen. Create a drill that's easy to clean. Then add difficult moves by modifying key impact points.

Maybe it's just a talent a few people have. The mother of invention starts with "What if?"

2007 again was good but much more could have been accomplished!

Edited by Phantombari1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LUV Jamey Thomson and almost everything he has done, but those costumes just (for me) DID NOT fit the whole bird/flight/air "theme" .

i beleive the much maligned costumes were the vision of guard caption head adam sage.let us give credit where credit is due.

Persona;;y, I'd love to see "Sparticus" again. Possibly ANYTHING by Miklos Rozsa.........

i dunno....maybe, but i really enjoyed their take on more modern music this year. really interested to see what direction they go in for the '08 show.

Well, at first I thought we were going after a "mother Earth" thing with Native American garb, but as the season progressed -- i guess they were supposed to be male/female 'birds'. It's all good, but I can see how the judges would be hard pressed to see that as part of the visual theme, to me, it didn't jive as well as it could. However, they were noticeable!!!

I don't know how noticeable the guard was - the uniforms appeared fairly muted from the stands (except for the uniform change in Firebird at the end of the season) which made reading them a little more difficult.

One thing for sure is that was one confident guard out on the field. They kicked *ss during their peformance. Adam Sage is doing a wonderful job building the guard. I hope they get a guard title soon.

i dunno....maybe, but i really enjoyed their take on more modern music this year. really interested to see what direction they go in for the '08 show.

w/Stp:

That could not be farther from the truth my friend

You don't have to agree (obviously) but, you're wrong. It's a"competition," no one cares who comes in 2nd, 3rd, etc.

RM - flame away

ampssuck

You don't have to agree (obviously) but, you're wrong. It's a"competition," no one cares who comes in 2nd, 3rd, etc.

RM - flame away

ampssuck

if no one really cares, then who are the 30,000 people in the stands every august? i'm sure you'll say they're only there "to see the winner", but there are 11 other corps on finals night whom i happen to know many people care about.

he doesn't have to agree, but that doesn't make you right.

RM - flame away

ampssuck

I find that very many years... I could care less about the corps that comes in first

To say that nobody cares about the corps who come in second, third, or beyond is to be ignorant

Personally, I'd love to see "Sparticus" again. Possibly ANYTHING by Miklos Rozsa.........

I think you're wish has been granted my friend. GOOD CALL!! :drool: