• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$250, if I recall correctly.

I had to go digging through my OLD paperwork, but I think this is it:

Last year, the prices were $250 - $165 - $125

This year, the prices are: $290 - $210 - $170 - $120

With a brand-spankin' new stadium, 2 additional shows from the same place, and walking distance from the hotel to my seat to several really nice restaurants, $40 is just no big deal. Usually, I'd spend the $40 (or close to it) on a one-way cab ride. I hate parking at stadiums.

In my humble opinion, of course. :rock:

fist I will say that I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread...( most of it though).....I'm not sure what the upset is....its not like the price went up that much and not at all with everything your getting this year....Im glad they have added the Open class to the package this year....I do find it hard to beleive that everyone was so surprized with a new Stadium and all........ we are looking forward to going.

I can not believe all of the complaining about the increase in ticket prices. As stated in the above post, last year's price was $250 and did not include the open class performances. I believe that the costs for those performances in Pasadena was $20 per show which when added to last year's price results in an increase of a WHOPPING $9.00. Based on the fact that this year's championships are being held in a brand new, state of the art, stadium with club level seating, unlike the Rose Bowl which I can recall reading post after post of complaints regarding that stadium, I feel that there is no basis for all of this complaining as it is a 3.6% increase.

Since you can stay downtown and walk to the stadium, there is no need to rent a car which will actually save you more money than the increase in tickets will cost.

I can not believe all of the complaining about the increase in ticket prices. As stated in the above post, last year's price was $250 and did not include the open class performances. I believe that the costs for those performances in Pasadena was $20 per show which when added to last year's price results in an increase of a WHOPPING $9.00. Based on the fact that this year's championships are being held in a brand new, state of the art, stadium with club level seating, unlike the Rose Bowl which I can recall reading post after post of complaints regarding that stadium, I feel that there is no basis for all of this complaining as it is a 3.6% increase.

Since you can stay downtown and walk to the stadium, there is no need to rent a car which will actually save you more money than the increase in tickets will cost.

STOP USING LOGIC !!!!!!!!! ^0^

DCI needs to understand who their core audience of buggy whip afficianados are and cater to them ... Not continue to try and elevate both the activity and the performers in it to something it is not and never will be. DCI has been trying to bring drum corps to new audiences for decades ... and those potential new audiences continue not to care. If the cost of producing DCI's buggy whips has grown to the point where their core audience base can't afford to support it, maybe its time to scale the activity back to a level that makes sense and is affordable.

Actually, DCI focussing a lot of it's marketing efforts on scholastic musicans IS doing just what you say they should do. Those people ARE the buggy-whip fans you refer to.

There IS a problem, though, in asking for more than they are perceived they are worth...because they will NOT sell the product (i.e.; tickets) in the numbers they need. The gate receipts will be less...MUCH less. That is just pure business sense (and is indeed taught in Business 101.). It is not a matter of affordability as it is buyability. Isn't it so blantently obvious with the comments here alone that there is a PROBLEM?????? Or is the elitism that this activity increasing shows blinding it from pure economic sense?

Was it attitudes such as what DC is showing in issues such as this that drove off Bill Cook (the businessman side of the drum corps fan)?

How do you know ANY of the above is what will happen? Do you think DCI just threw darts at a board to settle on the prices they are charging? If there is a drop in revenue next year, I would bet they'd change their price structure for 09...if no drop...don't expect the prices to come down.