No Love for JAZZ ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what the #### was it, then? Sounded like Blue Shades to me.

You guys are ridiculous.

Edit: Unless you're pointing out that the backfield "emo-guy" narration moment wasn't Blue Shades... in which case you're correct. That was the intro to Adiemus or whatever. But yeah, Cadets definitely played Blue Shades. Trumpet solo, "Let's do something with no voice," etc. Remember it?

Edited by TSRTS13

I would also love to hear more jazz being played. I've always wanted to hear what Madison

or Blue Devils could do with Los Hermanos De Bop or Time Check.

I would also love to hear more jazz being played. I've always wanted to hear what Madison

or Blue Devils could do with Los Hermanos De Bop or Time Check.

Spirit played Time Check in ( 2000/2001?) their first year back into finals after the 90's. And in 2003 or 05. It was groovin

and the boy's and girl's ( drum line) was hyping it up.

Well what the #### was it, then? Sounded like Blue Shades to me.

You guys are ridiculous.

Edit: Unless you're pointing out that the backfield "emo-guy" narration moment wasn't Blue Shades... in which case you're correct. That was the intro to Adiemus or whatever. But yeah, Cadets definitely played Blue Shades. Trumpet solo, "Let's do something with no voice," etc. Remember it?

Let's play review:

idlethreats:

.....Cadets played Blue Shades........

2ndSop4life:

backfield while emo kid talked, so it wasn't the focus of attention, i didn't even notice they were playing it the first time i saw the show, i was too busy thinking "wtf is this kid talking about? oh ####, i just missed blue shades..."

Hrothgar15:

No, that wasn't Blue Shades.

JamMan:

Yes, that was Blue Shades.

brainscratched:

No really, it wasn't. Promise.

Make sense now? The Cadets played Adiemus by Karl Jenkins backfield while that one narrator talked. Blue Shades was the second movement and impossible to miss. But some people will choose what they want to believe regardless. That's what I was getting at. :grrr:

Edited by brainscratched

Okay, you're telling me these corps can pull off crazy 16th note runs, but can't swing cleanly?

DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!???!!!???

Not for very long though. It was actually the only part of their show I liked. Fantastic Hornline this year. Too bad they had to talk during the entire show. I believe we're talking about in your face - all jazz shows and I for one would love to see that again!

Let's play review:

idlethreats:

2ndSop4life:

backfield while emo kid talked, so it wasn't the focus of attention, i didn't even notice they were playing it the first time i saw the show, i was too busy thinking "wtf is this kid talking about? oh ####, i just missed blue shades..."

Hrothgar15:

No, that wasn't Blue Shades.

JamMan:

Yes, that was Blue Shades.

brainscratched:

No really, it wasn't. Promise.

Make sense now? The Cadets played Adiemus by Karl Jenkins backfield while that one narrator talked. But some people will choose what they want to believe regardless. That's what I was getting at. :grrr:

are you guys serious? how can an 'argument' like this even exist? the "emo kid" talked during the intro to the third song, once blue shades clearly ended. a good portion of the end of blue shades didnt have any narration at all. they stood still and played the impact loud as hell, how could you have missed blue shades?

the dynamic contrast and accompanying parts were incredible in that piece by the way....the hornline parts played during the trumpet solo was pure '90s bd ('98ish, specifically).

im amused by the fact that one of the only real flaws by the brassline, a rough attack on a shot note (slightly early attack by a trumpet), happens between the vocals "yes, thats the way to do it," and "excellent, thats the way to do it!"

they didnt play it for very long? the first note of the piece was at 4:37, and the last note was at 7:53. 3 minutes and 16 seconds is much longer than most corps dedicate to segments of their show nowadays. dont know what point you were actually trying to force in there. hooray for more biased, unwarranted criticism, as if they really need more of that.