Cadets 2000 - We Are the Future

Besides the drum solo (which the tenor feature was stolen from a high school marching band), and the trumpet trick at the end, the 2000 show had nothing. It wasn't the most entertaining show ever. It might be to you, but definitely not to me and apparently many others too.

Bitter. . .party of one.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SINGLE MOST ENTERTAINING SHOW EVER?

I just made a list, Cadets 2000, didn't even make my top 10 most entertaining Cadet shows.

If I had to factor in other Drum Corps, it would be out of my top 100 as well.....

I'm going to play my DVD this moment and be opened to be entertained.

I'm Back, that was a fun upbeat show, I moved it just outside of my all time Cadets top 10 (from 20).

I think there are influences in the production that are still used as a templet for today's corps, don't you think?

If you added fences, to this show, you get Crown 2007. I swear Crown 07 looked a lot like this 7 year old show, including the boxes folding into one another as well as the beats or timeing of the production.

I'm glad to have seen after so long.

By the way, the girl in the start of the show, tells the story of having a baby, then graduates from high school right???

Edited by Cop

Besides the drum solo (which the tenor feature was stolen from a high school marching band), and the trumpet trick at the end, the 2000 show had nothing. It wasn't the most entertaining show ever. It might be to you, but definitely not to me and apparently many others too.

ok so name what you think is a better show then

The most entertaining show of all time? Impossible for me to state because there are so many shows that I find to be immensely entertaining. However, this is a show that clearly has to be in consideration for one of the top spots on the “Most Entertaining” list. A while back there was a "Top 10 Cadets' Show" thread and this came in as my #3. My comments about this show were… Listening to the CD and how insanely excited the crowd is at various points in this show (and remembering being there to observe it) constantly reminds me of the beauty of a great drum corps show. This show completely connected with the audience on ever possible level; it is a true testament to how fascinating and enjoyable drum corps can really be.

Besides the drum solo (which the tenor feature was stolen from a high school marching band)

:worthy: Yeah, I'm sure the Cadets spend a lot of time combing high school band shows to figure out what to put in their drum solo's :doh:

discuss. :-)

One of the few shows I liked enough to actually fork out money and buy. Too bad the copy from DCI was horrendously butchered and edited. Probably because that was done by the technical director in the booth during the show. Most of the "good stuff" was cut away from right in the height of the acion to yet another annoying and irritating closeup of an emoting guard member. Awesome drill and tenor solo and loved the hornline doing that thing they did with the fingering on the horn of the person next to them.........

I also agree. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Was it the best of all time? ehh, I'd put it up there as one of the best, but it is most definitely my favorite show, and the most entertaining to me.