Cadets 2000 - We Are the Future

I would certainly agree. It's not my favorite show. But in terms of entertainment it's got me.

Prolly the most famous drum solo and trumpet "trick" out there. Fast paced drill, loud hornline, eye and music candy.

it reminds me alot of the 05 show too.......just saying,

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say it's the most entertaining, but it's in my top 10.

fun facts, for the record --

the "trumpet trick" is really, actually the trumpets, mellophones, and baritones playing each other's horns. it is completely real. there was no sleight of hand or timing illusion or anything devious.

all the goofy stuff that goes on during the drum solo, as well as the judo kick and "EAST!" was ad-libbed by members.

"clocks" was originally at 180, so the clicks were at 60 bpm (like a clock), but the show was a few seconds too long, so it was changed to 186.

biggest crowd reactions: normal, illinois; dallas; and san antonio.

Not surprised in the slightest at the crowd reaction in Normal, Illinois. I always loved performing there because even the lowest-placing corps of the year gets a "rock star" crowd reaction.

I really liked the show, but having heard the original source music, that's one of the few pieces of music that I think the drum corps idiom simply cannot do proper justice. The show was great, but the original setting of the source music is just so much better that it was disappointing in comparison.

It is near the top for me. Great music and a very coherent visual show which really seemed to flow and build excitement. The performers seemed to really dig on this show as well and this was well communicated to me.

The multi-tenor solo and answering soprano (OK, trumpet, first year of B flat use) riff on one anothers horns was like a fireworks show's climax for me!

Edited by Geneva

I put at the top of my favorites not necessarily because it is the greatest show ever or anything but it may have been the show that got me into the activity. That was just a year and a half before i decided to give the activity a try. I think that show and maybe a couple others are what really got me into the activity, and two years later the rest was history for me.

Edited by phido06