07 Hornlines

Seriously, for any more conversation about the conversational implicature inherent in the "I'm with stupid" smilie and all of the ammendments possible thereunto, take it to PM.

I'll go first. I based my choice (BD) on best overall package. This was just a great year for hornlines, I think. Instead of 1 or 2 spectacular lines, we had several. "Best" individual parts of brass sound (articulation, dynamics, tone, intonation, etc.) could be divied out in numerous ways. I just hope the quality stays up this high for a long time to come.

Haha, sorry Lance... I hadn't read your post before I put up that topic. :rock:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant have a discussion with a group of people about the generally understood meanings of smilies we all use via pm, at least in my opinion. wouldnt really matter to me how one person interpreted it, however, i also became curious about the widespread interpretation after steve made his post. confusion wouldnt have occured to me as a possibility otherwise.

steve, the "sans im with" thing was funny.

cadets played the liquid clip this year? i never heard it. hyped on it all season in '06 though (much like their end of the opener this year, though the '06 one was usually before shows and the '07 tended to be afterwards, with a few exceptions).

hey bd raggamuffin, you aged out in one of my favorite hornlines ever, congrats on that. sweet avatar too.

i liked '07 hornlines a lot.

This is because we were so young this year. We had to learn how to get good. There was talk on the ESPN2 broadcast about how young The Cavaliers were, but I think we were younger. Out of the 70 in the hornline, only about 22 were vets.

I remember Mr. Jack Meehan saying a comment about how we had a wall of sound that he hasn't heard from ANY corps since the early 90's!

I'm very proud to be a member of the 2007 Blue Devils hornline!

Congrats to you this year, DCImaniac. I think you acheived your goals, to say the least! If a lot of people come back in 08, look out!

I loved our hornline. When I think of what makes a favorite for me, it's balance, skill, and demand. So, as far as that goes, I would say us, and the Cadets. Though, they played a little abrasively now and then as far as my tastes go, the demand and skill level of their hornline was high. I felt like most of the top several, specifically BD and Phantom were very trumpet soaked, not that the Cadets weren't all the time either.

'Coats had a great hornline this year. Kudos to you all for the improvements in recent years - it's a pleasure to listen to!

Thank you! I've been biting my tongue this whole time.

Regarding what?

Pioneer - for using G-Bugles!!!

Crossmen

Bluecoats