07 Hornlines

The rest of us acted like rookies for about a third of the time though, so it still comes out as 8 :)

It was definitely a section of only rookies last year. :P

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was definitely a section of only rookies last year. :P

Crap, you're right.

:blink:

I'd be willing to bet a good number of those rookies in the Blue Devils had many years of experience in other corps. Rookies don't tend to be so green when they've already made Finals a few times.

I'd be willing to bet a good number of those rookies in the Blue Devils had many years of experience in other corps. Rookies don't tend to be so green when they've already made Finals a few times.

This is true. I can think of maybe two of the twelve rookies in the trumpet section with no drum corps history.

Edited by bluublood

Only one mellophone hadn't marched in DCI. But he did march Japanese drum corps :)

As a Blue Devils alumni it's hard to say this..................but Bluecoats. BLOO.

My favorite hornline of the night..........Devils kicked ### too and deserved their title but the "Holy F&*$" hornline award in my opinion was Coats this year.

Did anybody like Boston's hornline? Their brass was much improved over the 2006 edition. Honorable mention to them. :-)

well...this just happened to be a season with a lot of really strong hornlines and the thread OP is asking your favorite. Although I will agree their hornline was a very good hornline this year and much improved from the previous years. Although I didnt think their hornline in 2006 was all that bad, it just happened to be showcased in a show design that was well....a little 'off'. But I've seen a few warmup videos from them recently, and like d@mn, they sound pretty good! :blink:

Cadets, Coats, and BD.

Kind of disappointed in Crown... I think the change to Yamahas hurt their sound a bit... they sounded more top heavy than 05 or 06 to me.

The only way you could compare the two would be to take the 06 hornline at that time play their show on the Kings and then do it again on the Yamahas. Differences between 06-07; Different hornline, different music, different scoring of the book.

[quote name='bluublood' post='2052852' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:57 AM']This is true. I can think of maybe two of the twelve rookies in the trumpet section with no drum corps history.[/quote]

I think I am the only guy in the whole hornline that rooked out with no drum corps experience at all. I could be wrong though.