You're a real comedian

How about a comic actress pretending to have been a drum corps member?

I believe it was the third or fourth episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show (shown in the fall of 1970) Valerie Harper, who played Rhoda Morgenstern, stated that she played bass drum in her high school drum & bugle corps. I always loved that one!

On a related note, didn't VK do a guest spot on an episode of 'Maude' back in the day? As, I think, the "Tuckahoe County Drum and Bugle Corps?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a strange question to ask. It'd be like asking if any drum corps alumni went on to become notable claims adjusters. I guess it beats the trillionth thread about narration, though.

Did any drum corps alumni go on to become notable claims adjusters?

Edited by The Nagging Cough!

What a strange question to ask. It'd be like asking if any drum corps alumni went on to become notable claims adjusters. I guess it beats the trillionth thread about narration, though.

Did any drum corps alumni go on to become notable claims adjusters?

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night !

Funny you should ask, when I managed a comedy club in Cedar Rapids Iowa, we had a comedian who did national touring who was formerly a member of the Colts. It was Mike Toomey. He now lives in Denver if I am not mistaken(or did a few years back anyway)

On a related note, didn't VK do a guest spot on an episode of 'Maude' back in the day? As, I think, the "Tuckahoe County Drum and Bugle Corps?"

True story. John Wayne was the guest star, but most of the guys in the corps were more interested in meeting Adrienne Barbeau. b**bs

adrienne-barbeau.jpg

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Although probably NOT a comedian, Frank Vincent who played Phil Leotardo on The Sopranos, had marched several years in drum corps in his youth, which led to the eventual formation of his band, which led to his career in show business.

Excerpted from his website:

" He spent his adolescence playing and traveling with various national championship drum and bugle corps. This passion evolved into playing in small combos at various nightclubs. He then met record producer Bill Ramal who became his musical mentor. In time he became a successful recording drummer for such prominent names as Don Costa, Paul Anka, Del Shannon, Trini Lopez and the Belmonts. He found himself playing 5-6 nights a week and recording 3-4 days a week. His insatiable desire for performing soon came to the fore and his drum playing became secondary. At this pace, he developed a stage personality and learned the meaning of comedic timing and discipline which would soon lend itself to his acting career."

Wait..............did they say comedic timing and discipline?? Well............is Frank Vincent famous enough for ya? LOL!!!!

Edited by ContraRich77

I'm proud to say I marched with a Blue Man! (he's a former tenor player from mid-80's Troopers)

Steve Rondinaro is a regular comedian. 1997: "Now that's not bad for a buck an ear"

I think Rodney Dangerfield marched drum corps actually. I remember once he was talking about his high school years. "I tell ya, I was in the band in high school, I got no respect. NO respect!"

Wait... that was from Cadets 2007... sorry...

fail2.jpg