Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

it’s like watching the birth of a mythology, this is how the show will be remembered regardless of facts – that’s some serious baggage

Yes, and some delusional baggage at that.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it’s like watching the birth of a mythology, this is how the show will be remembered regardless of facts – that’s some serious baggage

Ahhhhh, DCI mythology ....

1) Cadets 2007 lost because of narration (even though perc and cg scores really did them in and even a perfect ge wouldn't have been enough)

2) Madison only won on finals night in 1988 because of the random performance order (even though they won Semis, too, and by a wider margin at that)

3) Star of Indiana quit DCI because they lost (even though they had planned their departure well before) ....

:rolleyes:

When's the last time you saw someone who got 2nd in semis win fullout in finals?

The championship really happens on quarterfinals.

I've never seen it. But I have seen a 4th place quarterfinalist go to 1st place finals (1996) (and didn't the Scouts pull a similar feat in '88?)

I've never seen it. But I have seen a 4th place quarterfinalist go to 1st place finals (1996) (and didn't the Scouts pull a similar feat in '88?)

Nope -- "Quarters" back then was really Prelims and the top corps (including Madison) didn't perform. Madison won Semis, although no one knew it at the time because of the random order experiment -- see my post above re:DCI mythology. There really weren't any head to head competitions among all the top 4 or 5 in the couple of weeks before Finals, so it's kinda hard to say where Madison was coming into the weekend -- they were improving, though, obviously :)

Interesting how close the Polls are. So does this indicate how diverse we all are when it comes to using Voice Overs?

Nope. This poll is not divided along pro and anti-amp lines. There are plenty of anti amp people who admit that narration had little or nothing to do with them losing. Im honestly not sure where all the yes votes are coming from....

Nope. This poll is not divided along pro and anti-amp lines. There are plenty of anti amp people who admit that narration had little or nothing to do with them losing. Im honestly not sure where all the yes votes are coming from....

It's not unheard of on internet bulletin boards for people to create several alternative personalities to post or at least to vote in polls so they could vote more than once. Not sure if that's been stopped now with IP logging or not. Just putting the concept of board internet polls in its proper perspective. :P

(edited to add that I don't assume that only yes votes would be duplicated.)

Edited by TerriTroop