I was comparing pictures of M.P. from the Vinnies era and that's what I thought at first,

Couldn't find pics of the other gent, but that kid pic could be older than we think.

If this is who I think he is this photo IS older....

*edited to add, with further research, this IS who I was thinking and this pic is from 1947*

Edited by TennTux

the ears made me think that

Yep, that and, as Nanci said, his face has not changed..... just got older. (If this is who I think it is, his daughter also has his facial looks... *another hint, unless this is NOT who I'm thinking*)

Yep, that and, as Nanci said, his face has not changed..... just got older. (If this is who I think it is, his daughter also has his facial looks... *another hint, unless this is NOT who I'm thinking*)

but not the ears

• Like 1

He was judging GE Brass on night in 80 or 81 and paid our drumline a compliment on his tape ... he said: "the best thing I can say about your drumline is that they don't bother me" ...

:-)

• Like 4

"...they don't bother me" ...

He was known for his economy of expression and poetic delivery. (Little wonder that Andy the Wordsmith appreciates that.)

Anticipating a detailed lecture, I once asked him for some arranging advice, specifically whether he thought I had over-written a certain part of Garfield's book.

"A tad.", was all he said. At that moment I realized the TRUE meaning of understatement.

• Like 2

smiling politely that you guys are going in and out on this one as it's so obvious who it is... he hardly changed over the years...

Endicott was a HUGE hint... how many arrangers were born there?

Which also explained why he and Corky Fabrizio (from nearby Cortland) had a friendship and respect for each other...

HUGE Hint... think Military

• Like 1

smiling politely that you guys are going in and out on this one as it's so obvious who it is... he hardly changed over the years...

Endicott was a HUGE hint... how many arrangers were born there?

Which also explained why he and Corky Fabrizio (from nearby Cortland) had a friendship and respect for each other...

HUGE Hint... think Military

ah ha. so would it be a man that taught the chicago cavs and rebels? now that i look at the face it looks like him if i'm right.