I think you're right Glenn ... with the green snare/tenor drum in the background, I'd say late 60's ...

:-)

Looks like the 67 or 68 uniform?

Earlier, the cross sash was tucked in I believe.

Very astute.....66' was the last year we tucked...

• Like 1

Is that a bass drum mallet he's holding? ... doesn't look like snare of tenor sticks ...

Is that a bass drum mallet he's holding? ... doesn't look like snare of tenor sticks ...

not bass. tymp. look at it closely.

Hmmm ... as far as I can remember, the Hurcs didn't use tymps until at least 1970 ... I just took a look at the 69 Dream vid an no tymps ... maybe they incorporated them later in the season? ... Fish ... a little help here ...

:-)

I don't think it's a tymp. I'm thinking rudimental bass. There were two of those bass at Symphony Hall in 66 with the green stripe in the middle and they were rudimental bass with the players wearing tams. It's not 66 because the cross sash isn't tucked in, as Fish agreed. I'm thinking 67 or 68 and tymps didn't march till 69 I believe, with that copper look? I know Hurcs had the copper color tymps in 71.

He looks to be holding what might be a mallet, with the left hand cupped. That means he could be playing regular bass, not rudimental wearing the regular Hurc hat.

Or, all my research could be for nothing.

:)

Edited by gsksun4

I don't think it's a tymp. I'm thinking rudimental bass. There were two of those bass at Symphony Hall in 66 with the green stripe in the middle and they were rudimental bass with the players wearing tams. It's not 66 because the cross sash isn't tucked in, as Fish agreed. I'm thinking 67 or 68 and tymps didn't march till 69 I believe, with that copper look? I know Hurcs had the copper color tymps in 71.

He looks to be holding what might be a mallet, with the left hand cupped. That means he could be playing regular bass, not rudimental wearing the regular Hurc hat.

Or, all my research could be for nothing.

:)

the standard bass mallet was very thick with a big head. i doubt it. it loos like a tymp and i'll say 69.

the standard bass mallet was very thick with a big head. i doubt it. it loos like a tymp and i'll say 69.

I'm going for bass and '67

Very astute.....66' was the last year we tucked...

Let the record show that I stayed away from this opening...

• Like 2

Let the record show that I stayed away from this opening...

And thank God for spell check!!! :tongue:

• Like 1